PBS KIDS ScratchJr
By PBS KIDS
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
With PBS KIDS ScratchJr, kids can create their own interactive stories and games featuring their favorite characters from Odd Squad, Wild Kratts, Nature Cat, Arthur, WordGirl, Peg + Cat, and Ready Jet Go! The storytelling possibilities are endless with this creative coding app for children ages 5-8.
By snapping together colorful programming blocks, children can make characters move, jump, dance and sing. In the process, kids will learn to solve problems, design projects and express themselves creatively on an iPad. With PBS KIDS ScratchJr, children don’t just learn to code, they code to learn.
- Colorful Programming Blocks - Snap together the color-coded motion, sound, look, trigger and control blocks to create sequences of actions that cause characters to animate and interact in fun and exciting ways.
- PBS KIDS Characters and Backgrounds - With 150+ PBS KIDS characters, children can create projects based on their favorite shows and can mix-and-match as much as they’d like!
- Paint Editing - Create your own characters and backgrounds.
Voice Recording - Use the recording tool to add sounds and your voice to projects.
- Story Starters - Looking for inspiration? Eight story starters in the app are a great place to start. Each Story Starter features a different set of characters and is designed to encourage children to edit and complete the story however they’d like.
For more PBS KIDS apps, visit http://www.pbskids.org/apps
For more on ScratchJr, visit http://www.scratchjr.org
Our support email is firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reach out with feedback and suggestions!
PBS KIDS ScratchJr is a collaboration between PBS, Tufts University, the MIT Media Lab, and the Playful Invention Company. The PBS KIDS logo & PBS KIDS® PBS. Used with permission. ScratchJr logo is used with permission. PBS is not affiliated with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology or Tufts University.
What's New in Version 1.2.2
New characters, support for Spanish, bug fixes and more!
- We've added characters and backgrounds from three additional PBS KIDS shows. Now you can make projects featuring the characters from Arthur, Odd Squad, and PBS KIDS' newest hit show, Ready Jet Go!
- We've added the ability to toggle back and forth between English and Spanish depending on your preference
- We've added an autosave feature along with other minor bug fixes and tweaks.
This app is Amazballs
However, it could use more shows like Scigirls,Plum landing, Dinosaur Train ect
And the shows that do exist could use more characters but overall it's perfect! Plus the cat in here doesn't give me nightmares unlike the Cat in Normal scratch.
Good app, but
I downloaded this app and then proceeded to the programming section. It uses the drag and drop function to bring the programming block onto workspace.
The first few times it worked, but then no matter how many times I tried it won’t drag and drop programming block. Rebooted several times, no luck. Reinstalled app no luck. Game over. Using iPad version 11.0
This is just scratch jr. with more sprites.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Apr 04, 2017
- Version: 1.2.2
- Size: 103 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: PBS Kids
- © 2016 Public Broadcasting Service
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.