PBS KIDS ScratchJr
By PBS KIDS
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With PBS KIDS ScratchJr, kids can create their own interactive stories and games featuring their favorite characters from Wild Kratts, Nature Cat, WordGirl and Peg + Cat! The storytelling possibilities are endless with this creative coding app for children ages 5-8.
By snapping together colorful programming blocks, children can make characters move, jump, dance and sing. In the process, kids will learn to solve problems, design projects and express themselves creatively on an iPad. With PBS KIDS ScratchJr, children don’t just learn to code, they code to learn.
- Colorful Programming Blocks - Snap together the color-coded motion, sound, look, trigger and control blocks to create sequences of actions that cause characters to animate and interact in fun and exciting ways.
- PBS KIDS Characters and Backgrounds - With 150+ PBS KIDS characters, children can create projects based on their favorite shows and can mix-and-match as much as they’d like!
- Paint Editing - Create your own characters and backgrounds.
Voice Recording - Use the recording tool to add sounds and your voice to projects.
- Story Starters - Looking for inspiration? Eight story starters in the app are a great place to start. Each Story Starter features a different set of characters and is designed to encourage children to edit and complete the story however they’d like.
For more PBS KIDS apps, visit http://www.pbskids.org/apps.
For more on ScratchJr, visit http://www.scratchjr.org
Our support email is firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reach out with feedback and suggestions!
PBS KIDS ScratchJr is a collaboration between PBS, Tufts University, the MIT Media Lab, and the Playful Invention Company. The PBS KIDS logo & PBS KIDS® PBS. Used with permission. ScratchJr logo is used with permission. PBS is not affiliated with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology or Tufts University.
What's New in Version 1.1.1
minor bug fixes
Thought this would be too challenging for my niece but she got the hang of it and loves it. Asks to play with it all the time, and is clearly learning a lot! (Not sure about the voice recorder comment in the first review, ours seemed to work fine.) 5/5
voice recorder broken
As of 12/18/2015, the voice recorder is broken. There isn't even an icon to make a recording, the only block is a "pop" block. Very disappointing as the real scratchJr's recorder works fine.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Dec 10, 2015
- Version: 1.1.1
- Size: 49.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: PBS Kids
- © 2015 Public Broadcasting Service
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.