Stream popular PBS shows anytime, anywhere, across devices.
Catch up or discover recent episodes from MASTERPIECE, NOVA, NATURE, PBS NEWSHOUR, FRONTLINE, INDEPENDENT LENS, POV, ANTIQUES ROADSHOW, and so much more.
The PBS Video App features thousands of full-length videos and clips from PBS and local member stations with new videos added daily. Support your local station and get extended access through PBS Passport.
DEPTH OF CONTENT
Explore a rich and varied selection of thousands of videos from new PBS shows and the PBS archives, as well as specially curated playlists and collections available all year long.
* Get caught up in the drama with MASTERPIECE shows like Victoria, Poldark, The Durrells in Corfu, and others.
* Explore new worlds with science and nature programming from NOVA and NATURE.
* Shine a light on truth with news and public affairs programs from PBS NEWSHOUR, FRONTLINE, and WASHINGTON WEEK.
* Take a front-row seat with arts and music content from GREAT PERFORMANCES and AUSTIN CITY LIMITS.
* Learn how history shapes our present with ANTIQUES ROADSHOW and FINDING YOUR ROOTS.
* Discover new perspectives with award-winning films from INDEPENDENT LENS, POV, and the PBS ONLINE FILM FESTIVAL
* Do-it-yourself by following along with THIS OLD HOUSE.
* Expand your knowledge (in 10 minutes, or less) with over original series from PBS Digital Studios, including IT'S LIT, TWO CENTS, HOT MESS, AMERICA FROM SCRATCH, NOURISH, IT'S OKAY TO BE SMART, PHYSICS GIRL, ORIGIN OF EVERYTHING, SPACE TIME, and many, many more!
* Quick access to TV times and channels for your favorite PBS programs
* See what’s on your local PBS station and what’s coming soon
* Learn more about PBS shows and specific episodes
* Bookmark favorite shows and episodes for easy retrieval
MORE FROM PBS
* Learn more about the PBS Video app at: http://pbs.org/anywhere/
* Find help and support at: http://help.pbs.org/
- Fix for Chromecast not working for some users with Passport videos
- Fix for multiple closed caption issues when using Chromecast
- Fix for Chromecast controls on mobile device not syncing correctly
- Fix for player controls being disabled after returning from picture-in-picture mode on iPad
- Fix for videos starting again at the beginning on Chromecast after pressing "Done" on iPhone/iPad
Ratings and Reviews
Great content, dismal streaming
It’s PBS, it’s an American classic. Unfortunately if you want to stream it this app is infuriating. The chromecast support is terrible, it fails to cast 50% of the time, never remembers where you left off and god forbid you want to rewind EVER. Once streaming you have no control over the video as it always reads as 00:00. The most insulting part is that even when you donate to PBS as a passport member you are still forced to watch an ad every time you stream. (The most insulting part being that the ad ALWAYS loads even when the episode fails. So you watch a whole ad just for it to finish and just stream the PBS logo.) Best solution I have found so far is disconnecting from chromecast go to the episode and spot you want on your phone, then reconnect, still only works about 70% of the time but still better.
Poor support of TV App.
The app has poor support for the iOS TV App. New episodes of shows I have already watched do not appear in the TV App as they become available in this app, or they will pop up in groups.
Searching for shows in the TV App will not find them in the PBS app if a Passport membership is required to watch them. Why wouldn’t you display everything available and then prompt for membership if needed. Much the same way you can find iTunes programs that require purchase/rental or results in Prime that also require a subscription or purchase. It’s hard to sell something you dont offer to viewers.
If PBS doesn’t want to properly support the TV App then their own app should do a better job of tracking progress on shows I watch and let me know when new episodes or seasons become available. As it is now I have have to look every couple of months to see if anything new has appeared.
The programming is there, its the app that holds things back. Such a waste.
The content of the shows is great. However, the APP needs to be fixed. You are required to watch a commercial prior to the start of each show/episode. Invariably, the commercials “freeze” and you either have to wait, and wait, and wait until the commercials finally decide to play or they just plain won’t play and you have to come back later to watch. Either eliminate the problematic commercials or fix the APP. I did try complaining to PBS about this problem, but the APP “freezes” when I try to submit my comments. Apparently, they don’t want to listen to any complaints!
- Public Broadcasting Service
- 115.7 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2018 Public Broadcasting Service
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.