Enjoy the most popular shows from PBS anywhere, anytime, including Masterpiece hits* like Poldark, Downton Abbey, Mr. Selfridge, Wolf Hall, as well as Nature, NOVA, and more. "PBS Video" features thousands of full-length videos from your favorite PBS shows and local stations with new videos added daily.
DEPTH OF CONTENT
Explore a rich and varied selection of hundreds of videos from both new shows and from the PBS archives. Find these top shows and more:
* Masterpiece shows* including Poldark, Downton Abbey, Mr. Selfridge, Wolf Hall and more.
* Other PBS primetime shows: Antiques Roadshow, Frontline, Independent Lens, POV, History Detectives, Nature, Need to Know, Nova, Secrets of the Dead, and more.
* PBS NewsHour segments.
* Austin City Limits song performances.
* Original online series, including NOVA ScienceNOW’s “Secret Life of Scientists” and “FutureStates” from INDEPENDENT LENS.
*During individual show seasons
* Quick access to TV times and channels for your favorite PBS programs.
* See what’s on your local PBS station and what’s coming soon.
* Learn more about PBS show and specific episodes.
* Bookmark favorite shows and episodes for easy retrieval.
MORE FROM PBS
Find more PBS apps at http://pbs.org/anywhere/
Find help and support at http://help.pbs.org/
Fixed: A bug for some you that upgraded from an old version where you were not logged in. We were unable to identify your local station and manually selecting it wasn’t working. Sorry about all of that! The app should auto-localize you just fine now.
Fixed: A Chromecast bug where some of you would hear audio but would not see video after sponsorship messages played. You should now both hear AND SEE your videos, which we think is a much better experience.
- Browse through episodes faster with shows organized by seasons
- Watch a preview for the next episode before you dive in with a “preview” button on videos
- Explore new themed collections within select shows
- New “Spotlight” collection on the homescreen highlights popular new videos
- “My Videos” page now includes your favorite shows
- Each show will now feature similar shows you might also like
- Row titles are now tappable to see all the content within that section
- Improved video labels include video type, season, and more
Ratings and Reviews
Believe the other critical reviews
The content? What can be said... It is possibly the last place in America to get quality content that’s far more substance than flash.
But unfortunately the best content can’t save this app from it’s sorry and poor quality problem.
As others have mentioned, it suffers from amateurish problems like a never ending spinning icon in the middle of the screen that won’t go away if you dare fast forward or rewind. It won’t remember your last position if you have to stop the video to resume later. The clock, wifi, and other status indicators at the top of the screen remain visible in full screen.
On the positive side, a weird bug with Chromecast has been fixed and the app is a bit more polished. I hope they continue with more improvements in future versions to enjoy the top notch content better.
A memory hog
I don't usually watch programs on my iPad, preferring using my roku on the tv, but this app is using 2.5 gig of my limited memory. I can't find any way to reset it short of deleting and reinstalling.
I would like to see a listing of new programs and those soon to expire. While not the most user friendly, it does work.
Issues fixed. Thank you
Before the recent updated, the play/pause button was had to use. I think this has been fixed. Thanks again
- Public Broadcasting Service
- 118.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2018 Public Broadcasting Service
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.