Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Enjoy the most popular shows from PBS anywhere, anytime, including Masterpiece hits* like Poldark, Downton Abbey, Mr. Selfridge, Wolf Hall, as well as Nature, NOVA, and more. "PBS Video" features thousands of full-length videos from your favorite PBS shows and local stations with new videos added daily.
DEPTH OF CONTENT
Explore a rich and varied selection of hundreds of videos from both new shows and from the PBS archives. Find these top shows and more:
* Masterpiece shows* including Poldark, Downton Abbey, Mr. Selfridge, Wolf Hall and more.
* Other PBS primetime shows: Antiques Roadshow, Frontline, Independent Lens, POV, History Detectives, Nature, Need to Know, Nova, Secrets of the Dead, and more.
* PBS NewsHour segments.
* Austin City Limits song performances.
* Original online series, including NOVA ScienceNOW’s “Secret Life of Scientists” and “FutureStates” from INDEPENDENT LENS.
*During individual show seasons
* Quick access to TV times and channels for your favorite PBS programs.
* See what’s on your local PBS station and what’s coming soon.
* Learn more about PBS show and specific episodes.
* Bookmark favorite shows and episodes for easy retrieval.
MORE FROM PBS
Find more PBS apps at http://pbs.org/anywhere/
Find help and support at http://help.pbs.org/
What's New in Version 3.1.1
* Minor improvements
* Bug fixes
I like it. Must donate $5/mth for full access
I don't mind donating the $5/mth for full access. It's nice to support public broadcasting, and it's a tax write off as well.
I have this app in iOS and tvOS versions.
I would say that it could be better organized (e.g. Masterpiece Theater series are all mashed together). Less one star for that. But otherwise, very enjoyable.
"Preview" Listing Makes No Sense
The "Preview" category contains only 30 second clips of shows that were shown in the past - not any information or clips of coming shows.
So, clicking on the "Watch" button only lets you see the same 30 second clip again!
Please add a REAL Preview category to make the app useful for planning to watch upcoming shows.
PBS holding hostage: Deplorable
So now our PUBLIC ACCESS stations are charging to view programming? If I missed an episode of Antiques Roadshow, tough luck? Stinks, PBS. No high-minded ethics for you. And likely illegal. You do accept government funding. PBS now worse than networks, where most shows stream free after airing. How about a disclaimer on your Facebook ads urging me to check out new shows -- oh, but only if they're local. Otherwise, pay up.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Aug 18, 2016
- Version: 3.1.1
- Size: 55.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Public Broadcasting Service
- © 2014 Public Broadcasting Service
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes