By TLA Systems Ltd.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
PCalc is the powerful choice for scientists, engineers, students, programmers, or indeed anybody looking for a feature rich calculator. It includes an optional RPN mode and multi-line display, a choice of button layouts, an extensive set of unit conversions and constants, a paper tape, multiple undo and redo, engineering and scientific notation, as well as support for hexadecimal, octal, and binary calculations.PCalc is ideal for scientists, engineers, students, programmers, or indeed anybody looking for a feature rich calculator. It includes an optional RPN mode, a choice of button layouts, an extensive set of unit conversions, a paper tape, multiple undo and redo, engineering and scientific notation, as well as support for hexadecimal, octal, and binary calculations.
What's New in Version 4.2
The Today widget has been greatly improved, and now features an advanced scientific mode and full keyboard support.
Various fixes and enhancements to the main app.
does what it needs to do, excellently
* I have used many calculator programs over the years (and many physical calculators when I was somewhat younger) and pCalc is way ahead of the pack. It is easy to use, well thought out, and has every function and constant that I could want (note: you can add your own constants).
* The Price Is Right at a mere 10 bucks.
* Best feature: Easily switches from RPN and “normal” (probably not a biggie for most users).
* Unique feature: It does Complex Number calculations (also probably not a biggie for most users).
* Would recommend: YES Would buy again: YES
* MIssing feature: Graphing. I like graphs and charts, but I am not sure that a calculator is the best venue. Excel or Numbers are probably better platforms — they are more robust in ways that matter for graphing.
* Missing feature: Programability…. If the smart people who created pCalc put some heavy thought into adding programmability, the result might be extremely wonderful. Just a thought.
THERE IS NO BETTER OR MORE ENJOYABLE CALCULATOR
I’ve been a calculator nut since the abacus. As such I’ve owned many software and hardware calculators and PCalc is at the top. It is the customization options that puts it there. Beautiful and smart. The developers should be teaching other developers how to do apps….
Everyone has already said it. THE BEST!. Being an old time engineer I use RPN mode. The 48 simlator is great.
The paper tape is extra nice if you have long calculations. I use it on my iPad also. Well worth the money.