By Thin Man Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
• 24 bundled Cinematography and Still Photography tools useful for Photographers, Directors of Photography, Camera Operators, Camera Assistants, VFX Supervisors, Script Supervisors, Gaffers, Grips, Motion Picture Editors, Production Designers, Art Directors, Film & Television and Photography Students.
• 62nd Primetime Emmy Awards. Won an Engineering award for Outstanding Achievement in Engineering Development from the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences.
• Technical Achievement Award from Society of Camera Operators. “For outstanding contributions to cinematography through the design and development of the pCAM Film+Digital Calculator.”
– Depth of Field calculation
– Hyperfocal calculation
– Image Circle calculation
– Splits/Aperture Finder
– Field of View (Picture Sizes)
– Field of View Preview in both Portrait and Landscape camera positions (with 8 images to size shots)
– Angle of View calculation
– Relative Sizes (compares sensors)
– Focal Length (lens) Matching
– Triangulate calculation
– Exposure calculations
– Running Time to Length
– Shooting to Screen Time
– HMI Flicker-free (safe shutters and safe camera speeds)
– Color Correction (choosing color correction filters)
– Diopter (calculations, distance, diopter power)
– Macro (Object distance, magnification, Corrected stop, DoF, Object Size, Image Size, Fill percentage)
– Time Lapse (Shooting Interval, Event Duration, Screen Time)
– Underwater Distance
– Scene Illumination (beam intensity)
– Light Coverage (width/distance)
– Mired Shift (with suggested color correction gels)
– Light (Eye-light or Catch-light)
– Light Effects (Animated light effects: fire, strobe, neon, siren, etc. For handheld light or Apple Airplay to HDTV)
– Conversion calculator
– Siemens Star (Focus chart)
– Insert Slate
– Reference (Technical charts, lists and tables: Cine Film stocks, Cine Lens Manufacturers, False Color/Exposure Change, Miniature Shooting, Safe Panning Speeds, Zone System).
• Differs from other Photography apps. Easy to use and its graphical interface helps the user understand how each calculation is applied. It was designed specifically for professional photographers and filmmakers and has the correct Still, HD Video and Motion Picture Camera manufacturer’s specs for Image Size and Circle of Confusion.
• Created in 1998 for the Palm device and originally called pCAM Film+Digital Calculator, this award-winning app has become a time-tested industry standard. The developer’s a working Camera Assistant who understands that calculations must be done quickly, simply, and on the run.
– Works on iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad.
– Display on HDTV with Apple Airplay on AppleTV. Useful for Light Effects, Focus Chart (Siemens Star), or teaching aid.
– Graphical interface with retina screen High Resolution. IPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus ready.
– Calculates instantly and automatically as each entry is changed.
– Saves entries until you change or reset.
– Quick Gestural finger changes to Depth of Field’s Distance and Aperture inputs.
– Customizable, user-defined Camera Formats, CoC and Filters.
– Easy Picker wheels for Aperture, Camera Formats and Light Sources.
– Quick Buttons for Camera Formats; Jumps to “Film,” “Video,” “Stills,” or “Custom.”
– Global settings for Feet & Inches or Metric - EI or ASA - Foot-candles or Lux, Exposure defaults, Depth of Field nudging increments.
– Built-in User Guide on each screen.
– Motion Picture formats: 8mm - 16mm - 35mm - VistaVision - 65mm - 70mm - IMAX.
– HD Video formats: 1/4”, 1/3”, 1/2”, 2/3” HD CCD - 35mm Still Lens Adapters - Digital HD SLR’s, Super 35mm-sized HD - 65mm-sized HD.
– Still Camera formats: 35mm Standard - 4/3 - APS - Panoramic - DSLR - Digital backs - 6x6 cm - 6x7 cm - 4x5 - 5x7 - 8x10.
What's New in Version 4.21
• Fixed bug in Field of View Preview. Preview's Graphic choices can now be scrolled again in iOS 11.