pCAM FILM + DIGITAL PRO
By Thin Man Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
• 25 bundled Cinematography and Still Photography tools useful for Photographers, Directors of Photography, Camera Operators, Camera Assistants, VFX Supervisors, Script Supervisors, Gaffers, Grips, Motion Picture Editors, Production Designers, Art Directors, Film & Television and Photography Students.
• 62nd Primetime Emmy Awards. Won an Engineering award for Outstanding Achievement in Engineering Development from the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences.
• Technical Achievement Award from Society of Camera Operators. “For outstanding contributions to cinematography through the design and development of the pCAM Film+Digital Calculator.”
– Depth of Field calculation
– Hyperfocal calculation
– Image Circle calculation
– Splits/Aperture Finder
– Field of View (Picture Sizes)
– Field of View Preview in both Portrait and Landscape camera positions (with 8 images to size shots)
– Angle of View calculation
– Relative Sizes (compares sensors)
– Focal Length (lens) Matching
– Triangulate calculation
– Exposure calculations
– Running Time to Length
– Shooting to Screen Time
– HMI Flicker-free (safe shutters and safe camera speeds)
– Color Correction (choosing color correction filters)
– Diopter (calculations, distance, diopter power)
– Macro (Object distance, magnification, Corrected stop, DoF, Object Size, Image Size, Fill percentage)
– Time Lapse (Shooting Interval, Event Duration, Screen Time)
– Underwater Distance
– Scene Illumination (beam intensity)
– Light Coverage (width/distance)
– Mired Shift (with suggested color correction gels)
– Light (Eye-light or Catch-light)
– Light Effects (Animated light effects: fire, strobe, neon, siren, etc. For handheld light or Apple Airplay to HDTV)
– Conversion calculator
– Siemens Star (Focus chart)
– Insert Slate
– Reference (Technical charts, lists and tables: Cine Film stocks, Cine Lens Manufacturers, False Color/Exposure Change, Miniature Shooting, Safe Panning Speeds, Zone System).
• Differs from other Photography apps. Easy to use and its graphical interface helps the user understand how each calculation is applied. It was designed specifically for professional photographers and filmmakers and has the correct Still, HD Video and Motion Picture Camera manufacturer’s specs for Image Size and Circle of Confusion.
• Created in 1998 for the Palm device and originally called pCAM Film+Digital Calculator, this award-winning app has become a time-tested industry standard. The developer’s a working Camera Assistant who understands that calculations must be done quickly, simply, and on the run.
– Works on iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad.
– Display on HDTV with Apple Airplay on AppleTV. Useful for Light Effects, Focus Chart (Siemens Star), or teaching aid.
– Graphical interface with retina screen High Resolution. IPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus ready.
– Calculates instantly and automatically as each entry is changed.
– Saves entries until you change or reset.
– Quick Gestural finger changes to Depth of Field’s Distance and Aperture inputs.
– Customizable, user-defined Camera Formats, CoC and Filters.
– Easy Picker wheels for Aperture, Camera Formats and Light Sources.
– Quick Buttons for Camera Formats; Jumps to “Film,” “Video,” “Stills,” or “Custom.”
– Global settings for Feet & Inches or Metric - EI or ASA - Foot-candles or Lux, Exposure defaults, Depth of Field nudging increments.
– Built-in User Guide on each screen.
– Motion Picture formats: 8mm - 16mm - 35mm - VistaVision - 65mm - 70mm - IMAX.
– HD Video formats: 1/4”, 1/3”, 1/2”, 2/3” HD CCD - 35mm Still Lens Adapters - Digital HD SLR’s, Super 35mm-sized HD - 65mm-sized HD.
– Still Camera formats: 35mm Standard - 4/3 - APS - Panoramic - DSLR - Digital backs - 6x6 cm - 6x7 cm - 4x5 - 5x7 - 8x10.
What's New in Version 4.16
• Announcing the upcoming release of a completely rebuilt pCAM Film+Digital Pro, version 5.0. New version will include server updated Cameras and Reference files, in-app purchases, and more. Current users need to first register in advance, PLEASE READ NOTICE after installing this version.
• Added Registration clarification on creating a pCAM account (only visible to users who have not yet registered).
• Previous 4.15 release included:
• Registration fix for users still on iOS 9 who couldn't register on version 4.14.
• Addition of Video formats: Red Raven 4.5K - Scarlet-W 5K - Red Epic-W 8K S35 - Weapon 6K - Weapon 8K S35 - Weapon 8K VV.
• Addition of Sigma lenses to References.
• Edited Cooke, Leica, and Kowa lenses in References.
This is simply the Bible of cinematographers!
As a 30 year veteran Hollywood 1st AC, this has been my go to reference app when it first came out as a Palm Pilot app. I have been using it since 2002 and have since stopped carrying around the ASC Cinematographers Hand Book. This app is constantly being updated with the latest industry cameras and lenses. Thanks David Eubank!
There is not a camera department shooting anywhere in the USA where this app is not present. Must have.