pCAM FILM + DIGITAL PRO
By Thin Man Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
• 24 bundled Cinematography and Still Photography apps useful for Photographers, Directors of Photography, Camera Operators, Camera Assistants, VFX Supervisors, Script Supervisors, Gaffers, Grips, Motion Picture Editors, Production Designers, Art Directors, Film and Photography Students.
• 62nd Primetime Emmy Awards. Won an Engineering award for Outstanding Achievement in Engineering Development from the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences.
• Technical Achievement Award from Society of Camera Operators. “For outstanding contributions to cinematography through the design and development of the pCAM Film+Digital Calculator.”
• Includes: Depth of Field - Hyperfocal – Image Circle - Splits/Aperture Finder - Field of View (Picture Sizes) - Field of View Preview in both Portrait and Landscape camera positions (with 8 images to size shots) - Angle of View – Relative Sizes (compares sensors) - Focal Length (lens) Matching – Triangulate - Exposure - Running Time to Length - Shooting to Screen Time - HMI Flicker-free - Color Correction (choosing color correction filters) - Diopter - Macro - Time Lapse - Underwater Distance - Scene Illumination (beam intensity) - Light Coverage (width/distance) - Mired Shift (with suggested color correction gels) - Light (Eye-light or Catch-light) - Light Effects (Animated light effects; fire, strobe, neon, siren, etc.) - Conversion calculator - Siemens Star (Focus chart) - Insert Slate - Reference (Technical charts, lists and tables: Cine Film stocks, Cine Lens Manufacturers, False Color/Exposure Change, Miniature Shooting, Safe Panning Speeds, Zone System).
• Differs from other Photography apps. Easy to use and its graphical interface helps the user understand how each calculation is applied. It was designed specifically for professional photographers and filmmakers and has the correct Still, HD Video and Motion Picture Camera manufacturer’s specs for Image Size and Circle of Confusion.
• Created in 1998 for the Palm device and originally called pCAM Film+DIgital Calculator, this award-winning app has become a time-tested industry standard. The developer’s a working Camera Assistant who understands that calculations must be done quickly, simply, and on the run.
- Works on iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad.
- Graphical interface with retina screen High Resolution. IPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus ready.
- Calculates instantly and automatically as each entry is changed.
- Saves entries until you change or reset.
- Quick Gestural finger changes to Depth of Field’s Distance and Aperture inputs.
- Customizable, user-defined Camera Formats, CoC and Filters.
- Easy Picker wheels for Aperture, Camera Formats and Light Sources.
- Quick Buttons for Camera Formats; Jumps to “Film,” “Video,” “Stills,” or “Custom.”
- Global settings for Feet & Inches or Metric - EI or ASA - Foot-candles or Lux, Exposure defaults, Depth of Field nudging increments.
- Built-in User Guide on each screen.
- Motion Picture formats: 8mm - 16mm - 35mm - VistaVision - 65mm - 70mm - IMAX.
- HD Video formats: 1/4”, 1/3”, 1/2”, 2/3” HD CCD - 35mm Still Lens Adapters - Digital HD SLR’s, Super 35mm-sized HD - 65mm-sized HD.
- Still Camera formats: 35mm Standard - 4/3 - APS - Panoramic - DSLR - Digital backs - 6x6 cm - 6x7 cm - 4x5 - 5x7 - 8x10.
What's New in Version 4.9.3
• The pCAM app is non-profitable. Please support further development by taking the time to rate and review.
• Added Rokinon Cine lenses to Reference.
• Various tweaks.
FANTASTIC! a Must Have for D.P's & A.C.'s
This App is just Awesome... I've been a user since the Palm Pilot & Phone Version (those on my Ancient Tech Museum - hehehe) and a Huge Fan since. It got way better with the iOS version and keeps doing so with upgrades and revisions (major and minor). Like the Title of this review: a Must Have for D.P.'s and A.C.'s (and anyone clicking a shutter, to be honest). It'll show its true colors the day you're on a pinch and need to decide something on the fly (FPS/Exposure; Framing; Focal Distance; DoF...) and you'll do it knowing 100% that it'll be right. It will also be Tons of help on Pre or a Scout or Prep to have some answers that are not always at the tip of the tongue. I'd give it 10 Stars if I could. GET IT. It's worth EVERY Penny & then some!
Thorough and powerful
I do a lot less guesswork now that I have this app. The field of view calculator, with its visual preview, has been worth the cost of the app all by itself. No more renting extra lenses just because I'm not sure what focal length I need for a shot! If any part of your income depends on your getting the technical aspects of photography/cinematography correct, I don't think you'll regret purchasing this app.
Thanks Thin Man
I've been a devoted user for years. I can't imagine going to set without having pCAM on my iPhone. Simply my favorite and most frequently used Cinematography tool on any platform.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: May 23, 2015
- Version: 4.9.3
- Size: 16.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Thin Man Inc.
- © 2009-2015 David Eubank. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.