pCAM FILM + DIGITAL PRO
By Thin Man Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
• 24 bundled Cinematography and Still Photography apps useful for Photographers, Directors of Photography, Camera Operators, Camera Assistants, VFX Supervisors, Script Supervisors, Gaffers, Grips, Motion Picture Editors, Production Designers, Art Directors, Film and Photography Students.
• 62nd Primetime Emmy Awards. Won an Engineering award for Outstanding Achievement in Engineering Development from the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences.
• Technical Achievement Award from Society of Camera Operators. “For outstanding contributions to cinematography through the design and development of the pCAM Film+Digital Calculator.”
• Includes: Depth of Field - Hyperfocal – Image Circle - Splits/Aperture Finder - Field of View (Picture Sizes) - Field of View Preview in both Portrait and Landscape camera positions (with 8 images to size shots) - Angle of View – Relative Sizes (compares sensors) - Focal Length (lens) Matching – Triangulate - Exposure - Running Time to Length - Shooting to Screen Time - HMI Flicker-free - Color Correction (choosing color correction filters) - Diopter - Macro - Time Lapse - Underwater Distance - Scene Illumination (beam intensity) - Light Coverage (width/distance) - Mired Shift (with suggested color correction gels) - Light (Eye-light or Catch-light) - Light Effects (Animated light effects; fire, strobe, neon, siren, etc.) - Conversion calculator - Siemens Star (Focus chart) - Insert Slate - Reference (Technical charts, lists and tables: Cine Film stocks, Cine Lens Manufacturers, False Color/Exposure Change, Miniature Shooting, Safe Panning Speeds, Zone System).
• Differs from other Photography apps. Easy to use and its graphical interface helps the user understand how each calculation is applied. It was designed specifically for professional photographers and filmmakers and has the correct Still, HD Video and Motion Picture Camera manufacturer’s specs for Image Size and Circle of Confusion.
• Created in 1998 for the Palm device and originally called pCAM Film+DIgital Calculator, this award-winning app has become a time-tested industry standard. The developer’s a working Camera Assistant who understands that calculations must be done quickly, simply, and on the run.
- Works on iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad.
- Graphical interface with retina screen High Resolution. IPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus ready.
- Calculates instantly and automatically as each entry is changed.
- Saves entries until you change or reset.
- Quick Gestural finger changes to Depth of Field’s Distance and Aperture inputs.
- Customizable, user-defined Camera Formats, CoC and Filters.
- Easy Picker wheels for Aperture, Camera Formats and Light Sources.
- Quick Buttons for Camera Formats; Jumps to “Film,” “Video,” “Stills,” or “Custom.”
- Global settings for Feet & Inches or Metric - EI or ASA - Foot-candles or Lux, Exposure defaults, Depth of Field nudging increments.
- Built-in User Guide on each screen.
- Motion Picture formats: 8mm - 16mm - 35mm - VistaVision - 65mm - 70mm - IMAX.
- HD Video formats: 1/4”, 1/3”, 1/2”, 2/3” HD CCD - 35mm Still Lens Adapters - Digital HD SLR’s, Super 35mm-sized HD - 65mm-sized HD.
- Still Camera formats: 35mm Standard - 4/3 - APS - Panoramic - DSLR - Digital backs - 6x6 cm - 6x7 cm - 4x5 - 5x7 - 8x10.
What's New in Version 4.9.9
• pCAM is non-profitable. Please support further development by taking the time to rate and review.
• Added Video formats: Alexa Mini SUP 4.0 formats - Blackmagic Mini - Blackmagic Micro - Nikon D5 - Nikon D500 - Nikon D810a - Red Weapon Dragon 8K.
• Added Still Camera Formats: Canon 5Ds (1.3x, 1.6x, 4:3, 16:9) - Nikon D5 - Nikon D500 - Nikon 810A - Sony Alpha A7s (APS-c mode).
• Fixed truncating labels on Camera Format picker.
• Aligned labels and sliders on Light Effects.
• Aligned text on HMI Flicker-free Safe Speed tables.
• Various additional tweaks.
Everything you need
I have my own app in this store for focal length preview/selection but for EVERYTHING else, I always turn to this app. As an art photographer, it's the kind of app I don't necessarily use every day, but when I need it, it's invaluable. I really appreciate the years of support the developer keeps putting into the app.
This wonderful app is my go to source for whenever I need to better understand what's possible with my equipment and surroundings. Incredibly helpful for me, and I still have much to discover in it. Many thanks.
Professional Cinema tool
There is nothing else like this. I find myself constantly using the triangle tool for all kinds of things. And the list of sensor sizes offline is worth the price by itself for my work.