pCAM FILM + DIGITAL PRO
By Thin Man Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
• 24 bundled Cinematography and Still Photography apps useful for Photographers, Directors of Photography, Camera Operators, Camera Assistants, VFX Supervisors, Script Supervisors, Gaffers, Grips, Motion Picture Editors, Production Designers, Art Directors, Film and Photography Students.
• 62nd Primetime Emmy Awards. Won an Engineering award for Outstanding Achievement in Engineering Development from the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences.
• Technical Achievement Award from Society of Camera Operators. “For outstanding contributions to cinematography through the design and development of the pCAM Film+Digital Calculator.”
• Includes: Depth of Field - Hyperfocal – Image Circle - Splits/Aperture Finder - Field of View (Picture Sizes) - Field of View Preview in both Portrait and Landscape camera positions (with 8 images to size shots) - Angle of View – Relative Sizes (compares sensors) - Focal Length (lens) Matching – Triangulate - Exposure - Running Time to Length - Shooting to Screen Time - HMI Flicker-free - Color Correction (choosing color correction filters) - Diopter - Macro - Time Lapse - Underwater Distance - Scene Illumination (beam intensity) - Light Coverage (width/distance) - Mired Shift (with suggested color correction gels) - Light (Eye-light or Catch-light) - Light Effects (Animated light effects; fire, strobe, neon, siren, etc.) - Conversion calculator - Siemens Star (Focus chart) - Insert Slate - Reference (Technical charts, lists and tables: Cine Film stocks, Cine Lens Manufacturers, False Color/Exposure Change, Miniature Shooting, Safe Panning Speeds, Zone System).
• Differs from other Photography apps. Easy to use and its graphical interface helps the user understand how each calculation is applied. It was designed specifically for professional photographers and filmmakers and has the correct Still, HD Video and Motion Picture Camera manufacturer’s specs for Image Size and Circle of Confusion.
• Created in 1998 for the Palm device and originally called pCAM Film+DIgital Calculator, this award-winning app has become a time-tested industry standard. The developer’s a working Camera Assistant who understands that calculations must be done quickly, simply, and on the run.
- Works on iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad.
- Graphical interface with retina screen High Resolution. IPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus ready.
- Calculates instantly and automatically as each entry is changed.
- Saves entries until you change or reset.
- Quick Gestural finger changes to Depth of Field’s Distance and Aperture inputs.
- Customizable, user-defined Camera Formats, CoC and Filters.
- Easy Picker wheels for Aperture, Camera Formats and Light Sources.
- Quick Buttons for Camera Formats; Jumps to “Film,” “Video,” “Stills,” or “Custom.”
- Global settings for Feet & Inches or Metric - EI or ASA - Foot-candles or Lux, Exposure defaults, Depth of Field nudging increments.
- Built-in User Guide on each screen.
- Motion Picture formats: 8mm - 16mm - 35mm - VistaVision - 65mm - 70mm - IMAX.
- HD Video formats: 1/4”, 1/3”, 1/2”, 2/3” HD CCD - 35mm Still Lens Adapters - Digital HD SLR’s, Super 35mm-sized HD - 65mm-sized HD.
- Still Camera formats: 35mm Standard - 4/3 - APS - Panoramic - DSLR - Digital backs - 6x6 cm - 6x7 cm - 4x5 - 5x7 - 8x10.
What's New in Version 4.9.2
• pCAM is a labor of love, and non-profitable. Please support further development by taking the time to rate and review.
• Added Film Camera Formats: Anamorphic 2.40 – squeezed (1X) and unsqueezed (2X).
• Added Video Camera Formats: Red Dragon 6:5 2.40 – squeezed (1X) and unsqueezed (2X) – Arri D21 Scope 2.39 squeezed (1X) and unsqueezed (2X) – Alexa Scope 2.39 squeezed (1X) and unsqueezed (2X).
This app is an exceptional piece of work.
This is an excellent app that I have used quite extensively in my work. I am an amateur videographer and so I have yet to delve into all of the features on this app. However, many Pros (whose books I read) have specifically made mention of this app - in fact that's how I found out about it. I have also learned many concepts from using this app and continue to use it to strengthen my understanding of exposure, depth of field, filed of view, etc. I also love how the developers stay on top of this app - it was great to see that they were one of the first to quickly update their settings for the Blackmagic cameras. I would and have recommended this app to my friends, and I see myself using it into the future.
THE tool for camera assistants
The one and only tool for professional camera assistants. Made by an AC for ACs. I've used pCam since the Palm Pilot and would never want to be without it. It's also the reason I would never switch from the iPhone to any other smart phone. I can't live without my pCam. It would be like going into battle without my helmet.
Great app ! must have for every DP and Camera op.
I use this app at least once on every shoot.
One request I would have would be a way to calculate the Running time to Disk space.
This would Help a lot in preparing the disk size needed for a day and total of the show.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Apr 26, 2015
- Version: 4.9.2
- Size: 16.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Thin Man Inc.
- © 2009-2015 David Eubank. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.