pCAM FILM + DIGITAL PRO
By Thin Man Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
• 24 bundled Cinematography and Still Photography apps useful for Photographers, Directors of Photography, Camera Operators, Camera Assistants, VFX Supervisors, Script Supervisors, Gaffers, Grips, Motion Picture Editors, Production Designers, Art Directors, Film and Photography Students.
• 62nd Primetime Emmy Awards. Won an Engineering award for Outstanding Achievement in Engineering Development from the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences.
• Technical Achievement Award from Society of Camera Operators. “For outstanding contributions to cinematography through the design and development of the pCAM Film+Digital Calculator.”
• Includes: Depth of Field - Hyperfocal – Image Circle - Splits/Aperture Finder - Field of View (Picture Sizes) - Field of View Preview in both Portrait and Landscape camera positions (with 8 images to size shots) - Angle of View – Relative Sizes (compares sensors) - Focal Length (lens) Matching – Triangulate - Exposure - Running Time to Length - Shooting to Screen Time - HMI Flicker-free - Color Correction (choosing color correction filters) - Diopter - Macro - Time Lapse - Underwater Distance - Scene Illumination (beam intensity) - Light Coverage (width/distance) - Mired Shift (with suggested color correction gels) - Light (Eye-light or Catch-light) - Light Effects (Animated light effects; fire, strobe, neon, siren, etc.) - Conversion calculator - Siemens Star (Focus chart) - Insert Slate - Reference (Technical charts, lists and tables: Cine Film stocks, Cine Lens Manufacturers, Miniature Shooting, Safe Panning Speeds, Zone System).
• Differs from other Photography apps. Easy to use and its graphical interface helps the user understand how each calculation is applied. It was designed specifically for professional photographers and filmmakers and has the correct Still, HD Video and Motion Picture Camera manufacturer’s specs for Image Size and Circle of Confusion.
• Created in 1998 for the Palm device and originally called pCAM Film+DIgital Calculator, this award-winning app has become a time-tested industry standard. The developer’s a working Camera Assistant who understands that calculations must be done quickly, simply, and on the run.
- Works on iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad.
- Graphical interface with retina screen High Resolution. IPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus ready.
- Calculates instantly and automatically as each entry is changed.
- Saves entries until you change or reset.
- Quick Gestural finger changes to Depth of Field’s Distance and Aperture inputs.
- Customizable, user-defined Camera Formats, CoC and Filters.
- Easy Picker wheels for Aperture, Camera Formats and Light Sources.
- Quick Buttons for Camera Formats; Jumps to “Film,” “Video,” “Stills,” or “Custom.”
- Global settings for Feet & Inches or Metric - EI or ASA - Foot-candles or Lux, Exposure defaults, Depth of Field nudging increments.
- Built-in User Guide on each screen.
- Motion Picture formats: 8mm - 16mm - 35mm - VistaVision - 65mm - 70mm - IMAX.
- HD Video formats: 1/4”, 1/3”, 1/2”, 2/3” HD CCD - 35mm Still Lens Adapters - Digital HD SLR’s, Super 35mm-sized HD - 65mm-sized HD.
- Still Camera formats: 35mm Standard - 4/3 - APS - Panoramic - DSLR - Digital backs - 6x6 cm - 6x7 cm - 4x5 - 5x7 - 8x10.
What's New in Version 4.9
• Please support further development by taking the time to rate and review.
• Field of View now calculates Portrait or Landscape camera positions. Activated via the new Rotate icon.
• Completely redesigned Field of View’s Preview. Includes new Portrait or Landscape view. Rotating your device flips the image and FoV dimensions from Portrait to Landscape.
• New FoV Preview interface and graphics for “1-Shot” – “2-Shot” – “Sitting Shot” – “Group Shot” – “Car Side View” – “Car Front View” – “Cereal Box” – Wine Bottles.”
• Redesigned Relative Size graphics.
• Added high-resolution graphics for iPhone 6 Plus.
• Added Film Camera Format: Arriflex 765.
• Added Video Camera Formats: Alexa 65 (Open Gate, 1.78, 1:50, 1.85-Extracted) - Canon 7D Mark II (1.78, Extracted 1.85 and 2.40) - Sony PXW-FS7 (Extracted 1.78, 1.85, 2.40) – Sony f3 (1.78, Extracted 1.85 and 2.40) – Sony f5/f55 Center Scan.
• Added Still Camera Format: Large Formats (11x14, 16x20) – Canon EOS 7D Mark II.
• Updated Reference Lenses database for Angenieux, Arri, Canon, Cooke, Leica, Panavision. Added Fujinon, Schneider, Service Vision.
• Custom Formats saved as a Favorite can now be edited.
• Various tweaks, bug fixes and enhancements.
Love the app, but the new graphics aren't working for me
This app has been in my cam bag for years. It's tremendously useful in too many ways to count; however, a recent update changed the Field of View single and 2-shot graphics to silhouettes. When say for example, trying to figure out just how close to get for a 200mm macro shot of an eye, the new figures are useless. Having expanded graphics options for Field of View are great, but it would be nice to bring back the older figures or add new non-silhouetted options as well; otherwise, this app is an amazing tool for cinematographers.
This is the most thought out camera app. It's been around forever and improved upon all the way. Field of View function is worth it on its own!!!! Professional to say the least.
A cinematographer must have
Best app out there for overall cinematography needs. I reference this app more times than I can count. The utilities included are an essential part of my workflow. Wonderfully useful app!
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Jan 27, 2015
- Version: 4.9
- Size: 16.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Thin Man Inc.
- © 2009-2015 David Eubank. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.