PDF Expert by Readdle
By Readdle Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
PDF Expert 6 is an essential app for anyone who reads, highlights, signs and fills out PDFs on their iPhone and iPad. With an additional in-app purchase PDF Expert 6 acquires the unique superpower to edit existing PDF text, replace images and hide sensitive data.
“PDF Expert is one of my must-have iPad apps and a desktop-class PDF reader”. – MacStories.net
“I was blown away at how easy the app is to use”. – MakeUseOf
“The best app for managing, editing, and reading PDFs on your iPad”. – The Sweet Setup
*** WITH PDF EXPERT 6 YOU CAN ***
HIGHLIGHT AND REVIEW PDFS
• Mark important information in books, journals or documents with the first class annotation tools: highlight, underline, strikethrough and others.
• Insert predesigned stamps such as Approved, Not Approved, Confidential and more.
• Create diagrams and schemes using shapes such as arrows, circles or rectangles.
• Work with static PDF forms created in Adobe Acrobat.
• Fill out any PDF forms with interactive fields such as text fields, checkboxes and radio buttons.
• Use e-signatures to sign contracts and agreements on the go.
• Sign documents with signatures synchronized across all your devices: Mac, iPhone, iPad.
DRAW WITH YOUR FINGER OR APPLE PENCIL
• Draw with your finger or Apple Pencil to make handwritten notes or highlight text in scanned books.
• Edit outlines in a few taps to structure your data and for better navigate through the file.
PROTECT CONTENT WITH PASSWORD AND ENCRYPTION
• Restrict access to PDF Expert with a password.
• Protect your files from unauthorized reading with a password.
• Enable iOS Data Protection to encrypt everything while your iPad or iPhone is not in use.
WORK IN THE CLOUD
• Connect to other document storage providers like Dropbox, iCloud Drive, Box, OneDrive, Google Drive etc. Work with files right in the storage and all edits will be saved there without downloading the document.
• Enable 2-way sync with storages to provide the continuous work with documents among all devices.
• Add comments to the texts you read using sticky notes and drawing tools.
• Make Bookmarks when it comes to intuitive navigation through PDF files.
READ PDFs WITH EASE
• Quickly open PDF documents from email, the web, or any app that supports “Open In…”
• Enable full text search, scroll, zoom in and out.
• Choose Single Page or Continuous scroll mode.
• Use Text to Speech feature to hear the selected text read out loud.
*** WITH PRO FEATURES OF IN-APP PURCHASE YOU CAN***
With additional in-app purchase you can have the unique superpower that allows you to edit PDFs. New features come as an additional in-app purchase for pros.
EDIT PDF TEXT
• Edit or modify existing text. The font, size, and opacity of the original text are automatically detected, so you can make edits easily.
EDIT PDF IMAGES
• Easily add, replace and resize images in your PDFs. Or change a logo or a graph. PDF Expert will handle those edits easily.
• Now linking any part of the text to a different page or even a website is fast. Moreover, links can be added to the images.
REDACT SENSITIVE DATA
• Using the Redact feature you can permanently erase or hide any sensitive information in your PDFs.
PDF Expert is also available in the Mac App Store. It has been voted “App of the Year Runner-up” by Apple.
What's New in Version 6.1.7
The update fixes bugs and provides general performance improvements.
If you like the update - please leave us a review.
Don’t do much editing. I suspect if I did I might find PDF Expert app a pretty good note-taking tool. What I really enjoy is the overall reading and annotating experience. The Readdle file management is probably my favorite so far as well (meaning I like it better than Adobe Reader if your looking for comparisons). The Readdle apps seem to do a good job (better than others at least) of having options available in the “Share” menu(s). In short Readdle appears to make a good effort at utilizing the full capacity of iOS 11 as far as this neophyte can tell. Wish all PDF developers would think outside of the PDF-box more sometimes but I’m probably asking for the impossible. Ignorance is bliss I’ve heard. I suspect many problems I and other users have with Apps in general are more likely the fault of Apple’s never ending updates and tweaks which take time to find and adapt to for the Apps. Let’s face it, Apple doesn’t make it cheap to own and stay up to date with their mobile tech if you want to run various types of hardware. As such I’d tend to favor a well established company for my PDF environment. Readdle fits that description as well as or better than most PDF app developers without being a slow moving indifferent 800 pound gorilla (leave to the reader to guess who that might be in this context).
When compared to other apps that focus mainly on scanning or even Adobe’s own subscription-based service, Expert 6 is solid. Having tried many, many scanner and PDF apps, I was at first surprised and then excited by the high-quality features PDF Expert 6 offers, especially when used with its sister-app, Scanner Pro. The pair of them made it possible for me to manage a 300-page mess of P.O.s and shipping documents with relative ease. Especially helpful are tools, such as color tagging for files and a stamp-pad tool that allows for custom images or text. All of the features are more or less intuitive, and there’s so many features that it always seems like more are left to discover. This app does not scan but it does allow for a really excellent digital environment for working with scanned files—basically, you can create custom notebooks, access drawing tools, import images, much of the same things you can do with note-taking apps, such as Notability. Add to this mix the revamped screenshot features of IOS, and whatever appears on your screen can become an editable PDF with just a few clicks.
Great app for reading/editing, but poor file management
I’ve been using this app for years, but I have become increasingly disappointed with the Readdle teams’ inability (unwillingness?) to better integrate the app with iCloud. There are two ways to edit documents that are stored in iCloud:
1) Place them in the PDF Expert subfolder. Doing this allows you to open seamlessly from within PDF Expert, make edits/annotations, and have them sync back to that original folder seamlessly.
2) If a document is ANYWHERE ELSE in iCloud, you have to import it into PDF Expert. This creates duplicate documents, and basically breaks the seamless workflow required of a productivity app.
This is disappointing, because PDF Expert works the way it should with other online file storage systems, such as Dropbox. You can open a document from anywhere in Dropbox (not a special “PDF Expert” folder), and it will sync back automatically without creating duplicates. This is also not something that can be blamed on Apple. Adobe’s free PDF annotation DOES allow you to open and sync back from anywhere in iCloud.
This oversight needs to be corrected. Given how well Readdle does everything else productivity related, I can only hope this will be fixed in a future update.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 20, 2017
- Version: 6.1.7
- Size: 136 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Readdle Inc.
- © 2013-2016 Readdle Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Also Included In
Top In-App Purchases
- Professional PDF Editor$9.99