PDF Expert by Readdle
By Readdle Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
PDF Expert 6 is an essential app for anyone who reads, highlights, signs and fills out PDFs on their iPhone and iPad. With an additional in-app purchase PDF Expert 6 acquires the unique superpower to edit existing PDF text, replace images and hide sensitive data.
“PDF Expert is one of my must-have iPad apps and a desktop-class PDF reader”. – MacStories.net
“I was blown away at how easy the app is to use”. – MakeUseOf
“The best app for managing, editing, and reading PDFs on your iPad”. – The Sweet Setup
*** WITH PDF EXPERT 6 YOU CAN ***
HIGHLIGHT AND REVIEW PDFS
• Mark important information in books, journals or documents with the first class annotation tools: highlight, underline, strikethrough and others.
• Insert predesigned stamps such as Approved, Not Approved, Confidential and more.
• Create diagrams and schemes using shapes such as arrows, circles or rectangles.
• Work with static PDF forms created in Adobe Acrobat.
• Fill out any PDF forms with interactive fields such as text fields, checkboxes and radio buttons.
• Use e-signatures to sign contracts and agreements on the go.
• Sign documents with signatures synchronized across all your devices: Mac, iPhone, iPad.
DRAW WITH YOUR FINGER OR APPLE PENCIL
• Draw with your finger or Apple Pencil to make handwritten notes or highlight text in scanned books.
• Edit outlines in a few taps to structure your data and for better navigate through the file.
PROTECT CONTENT WITH PASSWORD AND ENCRYPTION
• Restrict access to PDF Expert with a password.
• Protect your files from unauthorized reading with a password.
• Enable iOS Data Protection to encrypt everything while your iPad or iPhone is not in use.
WORK IN THE CLOUD
• Connect to other document storage providers like Dropbox, iCloud Drive, Box, OneDrive, Google Drive etc. Work with files right in the storage and all edits will be saved there without downloading the document.
• Enable 2-way sync with storages to provide the continuous work with documents among all devices.
• Add comments to the texts you read using sticky notes and drawing tools.
• Make Bookmarks when it comes to intuitive navigation through PDF files.
READ PDFs WITH EASE
• Quickly open PDF documents from email, the web, or any app that supports “Open In…”
• Enable full text search, scroll, zoom in and out.
• Choose Single Page or Continuous scroll mode.
• Use Text to Speech feature to hear the selected text read out loud.
*** WITH PRO FEATURES OF IN-APP PURCHASE YOU CAN***
With additional in-app purchase you can have the unique superpower that allows you to edit PDFs. New features come as an additional in-app purchase for pros.
EDIT PDF TEXT
• Edit or modify existing text. The font, size, and opacity of the original text are automatically detected, so you can make edits easily.
EDIT PDF IMAGES
• Easily add, replace and resize images in your PDFs. Or change a logo or a graph. PDF Expert will handle those edits easily.
• Now linking any part of the text to a different page or even a website is fast. Moreover, links can be added to the images.
REDACT SENSITIVE DATA
• Using the Redact feature you can permanently erase or hide any sensitive information in your PDFs.
PDF Expert is also available in the Mac App Store. It has been voted “App of the Year Runner-up” by Apple.
What's New in Version 6.1.9
Happy New Year, everyone!
Let’s start 2018 with the first in this year PDF Expert 6.1.9. update, that addresses some of the issues you've reported.
May the new year be super productive for you and your family!
If you need us, you can find us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We love hearing from you!
Great app; development has stagnated with iOS 11
PDF Expert is a fantastic app, and has been a go to standard for solid document management on iOS. However, with the iOS 11 Files app it feels that Readdle's previous work on building a strong within-app experience has prevented it from embracing some newer tools. For example, the free app PDF Viewer now let users open and edit PDF files directly from the Files app from the share sheet, saving changes back to the original file. This is in contrast to PDF Expert's having to launch the app, tap open, and navigate to the file. This sort of integration at the system level is a huge boon for those of us using the iPad as our main productivity device, and is exactly the sort of integration PDF Expert has neglected. I hope that the developers understand this and take steps to correct, or folks like me will increasingly look for more integrated apps to meet our needs.
Needs better integration with Apple’s Files app
This is a very good app but aside from the functions of editing PDFs, I think it needs much better integration with Apple’s Files app. Right now, it’s Documents folder is iCloud / PDF Expert, but you can’t go to the root of iCloud without opening another window because the integration is not yet there on the same level as it is with say DropBox.
I realize Files is new but Files needs to become the central file manager and first-class citizen at this time if we are ever going to have a great integrated solution to file storage on iOS.
My favorite PDF editing app - bar none
I use the app primarily to export groups of pages from within a PDF or to merge pages into a single document. The app is intuitive and works flawlessly. The only issue I have is that it doesn’t allow me to upload to my NAS. The feature is there, but it never works. I just use Dropbox, instead.
There is another option to zip all PDF Content before uploading, which is nice. Thanks, Readdle for a great product.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jan 03, 2018
- Version: 6.1.9
- Size: 142 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Readdle Inc.
- © 2013-2016 Readdle Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Also Included In
Top In-App Purchases
- Professional PDF Editor$9.99