PDF Expert - Edit, Annotate and Sign PDFs
By Readdle Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Fast, robust and beautiful PDF editor for your Mac, iPhone and iPad.
"PDF Expert 2 review: Goodbye Preview, hello affordable PDF editing on Mac" - Macworld.
“App of the Year” 2015 Runner-up by Apple.
“PDF Expert puts Adobe Acrobat to shame” - Cult of Mac.
Read, annotate and edit PDFs like never before!
PDF Expert is the best way to edit PDF text, images, links and outlines. Fixing a typo or changing a logo in a contract, or updating your CV is now a matter of a few seconds.
**Slick and Fast**
From the first document, PDF Expert springs into action with smooth scrolling and fast search. PDFs open instantly, whether they are just small attachments or 2000-page reports.
** Robust and Beautiful**
When it’s time to edit, all the great tools you need are easy to find and just a click away. PDF Expert’s quick annotations, easy form filling, and powerful file merging will chew through your work in record time.
*Edit - Seamlessly edit PDF text, adjust or replace images, add links to text and edit outlines.
* Read - An award-winning, lightning-fast, and tabbed document viewer will get you through multiple PDFs faster than ever.
* Annotate - Classic tools and unique innovations enable you to highlight, note, and instruct with just a click.
* Merge - Combine multiple documents into a new PDF, or borrow individual pages.
* Sign - Create multiple signatures for every situation and sign on the line with a single click.
* Fill Out - Avoid your printer with smart tools for filling forms that save you both paper and time.
** Robust File Sharing **
You don’t work in a bubble, and neither does PDF Expert. When it’s time to send documents to clients, coworkers, and everyone in between, PDF Expert has top-notch support for your Mac’s system-wide share sheet and other apps. If an app accepts PDFs, PDF Expert can get it there.
You can also password protect sensitive documents before sharing them.
** PDF on your Mac, iPhone and iPad **
Work across Mac, iPad, and iPhone. Use Readdle Transfer features to seamlessly switch devices in the middle of a document. PDF Expert is there with you.
What's New in Version 2.2.1
PDF Expert 2.2.1 is a giant leap towards a perfect PDF Editor. The update gives you state of art text editing, 100x better search and a handy toolbar layout.
So what’s under the hood?
- Perfect PDF Editor
PDF Expert is the best way to edit text, images and links. It will automatically detect the font, size, and opacity of the original text so you can edit PDFs like regular text documents.
- Amazing Reading Experience
The toolbar layout brings your reading experience to a new level. Whether you compare contracts or read an article, select the most relevant layout to quickly accomplish your task.
- Fast and powerful search
You can instantly search through all opened documents at the same time and compare results. Remember all the things with search history for even better search convenience.
The best, but not quite perfect, PDF reader
This is the best PDF reader out there, in my opinion. As an academic, I use Readdle’s PDF reader daily—it is perhaps my most used app. It is an especially useful app if, like me, you are pretty deep into the Apple ecosystem: I have Readdle’s PDF Expert on my iPhone, iPad, iMac, and Macbook and, with the help of Dropbox, I can sealmlessly move between my devices without having to do things like email to myself whatever document I’m working on. PDF Expert is wonderfully integrated into my workflow. The options for annotating documents, running split screens, etc. are excellent.
Though I think this app is the best PDF reader available, I do think there is room for improvement. Here are a couple things I would like to see:
- On the iPad version of the app, there is a view option that trims the white/blank borders of a document so that just the text part of the document shows up. It would be great if they could engineer a view-option like that for the Mac version. The current work-around involves cropping the document—but this actually alters the document itself. What I’d like is a view-option, that has the same view-effect but without altering the document.
- I would like to see an additional full-screen option that hides (or auto-hides) the top toolbar. This way the whole screen can be used for reading purposes.
Constant updates bring great features
Edit: December 12, 2016- As my original title stated, constant updates bring great features. This is still very true. I am going to up my rating from 4 to 5 stars, because, while it doesn’t do EVERYTHING that other apps do and there are still a few minor “flow” issues, the developers have added many new features that make this the best PDF app for the vast majority of people!
Edit: April 27, 2017- Even more updates, even more features. App is also much more stable now. It is my goto PDF app. The ability to edit text has performed flawlessy for me. I always seem to find a minor issue right after I export a doc to PDF, and this app allows me to go in and make the necessay change rather than go back to original format, change and export again.
Why does this app crash all the time
For the most part, the app is real good. But based on the reviews of how great it is, I constantly get these errors saying the file is corrupted. This always scares you thinking that the file is corrupt. Of course, it’s never corrupted. And you have to close down everything and restart the app back up again and bring your documents back to where they were. Am I the only person getting this? I get this all the time and have been getting this from day one. Why is this not fixed? It’s a completely annoying thing and something that’s totally unacceptable, based on it’s praise for “2015 App of the Year”. This is amateur hour stuff and shouldn’t be in software of this level. If I didn’t experience this regularly, I would probably give you five stars. But this is a totally annoying and unacceptable thing, I can’t give you more than three stars.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 20, 2017
- Version: 2.2.1
- Size: 34.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Ukrainian
- Seller: Readdle Inc.
- © 2015 - 2016 Readdle Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor