PDF Factory Pro
By Gerald Ni
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Enhance the way you work with PDF documents. PDF Factory Pro is an easy to use and can handle many PDF tasks that you throw at it. It is equipped with 8 tools you need to combine, split, encrypt, compress, insert PDF document, and lets you convert PDF to plain text (.txt) with advanced OCR function, PDF to most common image formats and adjust your PDF file with preset color filter.
1. Convert PDF to Text (.txt)
- Convert PDF to Plain Text file quickly, easier for reusing text contents
- Advanced OCR function is available for extracting text contents from scanned PDF, making contents in scanned document selectable,copyable and editable in .txt file.
2. Convert PDF to Image
- Convert PDF to 5 common image formats, including JPG, PNG, BMP, GIF and TIFF
- Customizable output option, you can set the image size and quality prior to conversion
3. Combine PDF files into one
- Combine multiple PDF files into one files for easier achieve and distribution.
4. Split PDF file
- Split PDF file into smaller files in flexible ways
- Extract only even or odd pages
- Extract each page into separate files
- Extract any pages you want
5. Secure PDF files
- Protect your PDF file by adding open password, keep your file from unauthorized access
- Set owner password to restrict copying and printing functions
- Up to 128-bit encryption, more secure
6. Manage Pages into PDF
- Insert pages from one PDF to another by drag-and-drop
- Manage and change page sequence as you wish
- Remove any pages from a PDF file
7. Compress PDF file
- Compress PDF to smaller file size by reducing embedded images’ quality and scaling
- Simple drag and drop to start compression
- 10 preset options are available for your different demands
- Compress PDF with JPEG method, keep high quality but smaller image size
8. Adjust PDF color
- 6 preset color filters let you quickly adjust PDF’s color tone, such as turn PDF into black/white, blue tone etc.
- Lets you increase or decrease lightness, especially useful for making scanned document clearer.
The OCR on this app is about 90-95% accurate when converting fairly easy-to-read .pdf documents. That is, an average page will likely have 7-15 errors. Additionally, the program has trouble recognizing smallcaps and block caps -- I haven't tried italics yet but I expect similar results. This is pretty standard for OCR software -- nothing exceptional but not bad for the price. Note that if you use the OCR function, you will likely need to read through the .txt document it creates and make regular corrections.
It doesn't do combine anything. I spent a good deal of time placing several PDF files in the list and organizing them, then clicked on the Continue button to combine the files and Wa LA! … nothing happened… nothing at all. Second try, got it to combine files using ONLY its naming choice. It doesn't sort by name - only manually. And when selecting multiple files in order it them places them in the list randomly rather than in the original order meaning you have to go back and order them by hand. BUT even then it is NOT drop and drag. It is Right Click and move up or down ONLY ONE PLACE AT A TIME. It is taking me to darn long to deal with this app.
Very functional PDF tool
It’s a nice tool for PDFs, so far I’m really enjoying this app. Combine, split, encrypt, compress…everything’s so easy and fast. I’ll be happy to tell anyone who will listen to give it a try.
- Category: Productivity
- Released: Nov 06, 2013
- Version: 2.0.2
- Size: 69.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Gerald Ni
- © 2014 Lighten Software Limited
Compatibility: OS X 10.6 or later, 64-bit processor