Utilize pdf-notes to manage all the pdf files on your iPad. Fast display, quick page-turning even a thousand pages, useful finger-writing and email your notes to your friends.
Differentiation-1. While turning pages of paperbooks fast, you can glance over the pages. While turning pages of pdf-notes fast, you can still run over the contents. Speedy page turning and scanning the contents with pdf-notes or paperbooks.
Differentiation-2. There are many pdf readers allow you to annotate; but do you know which app allows you can write any notes in a second? If you are using pdf-notes, you may experience very fast and intuitive finger-writing like: zoom-in and note by double-tap or; writing with one finger, page-turning with two fingers, pen-changing with three fingers.
- Easy importing PDF files through (DropBox, Email or Safari's) "Open In..." or iTunes
- Categorized multiple bookshelves(booklists) with powerful search
- Displaying pages as optimized size 1024x768 of iPad
- Portrait and landscape view
- Pinch zoom and crop page-margins
- Fast loading and Speedy page-turning
- Finger-writing with a variety of pens, highlighters and text notes
- Easy "zoom-in and note" on a magnified screen by a double tap
- One-step page-turning using 2 fingers on editing mode
- One-step pen-changing or undo/redo using 3 fingers on editing mode
- Exporting annotated PDF files to Email
- External display and screen brightness controls
- AirPrint and multi-tasking
Current version of pdf-notes is still not enough for your eye-level, but it will improve on and on: other annotations, scroll mode, reading direction, etc. Please check our to-do list at http://bit.ly/98sfom
Misunderstandings about pdf-notes:
- Not only pdf-notes but every app recently updated is removed from the open-in menu because iOS5 or formers currently show only 10 apps in open-in menu.
- iPad/iphone Mail/iBooks can't display PDF annotations so that please open it in the other pdf apps.
- please visit the support site for more information http://bit.ly/f6D31P
- update for iOS 12
Ratings and Reviews
Best app to read pdf books!
I've tried many pdf apps to read pdf files of old books I download from Google Books (usually printed before 1900) and this app is the best! Many of those old books used very small print and I enlarge the pages to make them easier to read. PDF Notes allows me to instantly move around the enlarged pages without the highly annoying lag and temporary blurriness of other apps. I can also easily download books from Dropbox and Google Drive.
My only request would be to allow selection of which page to show on the shelves. Google Books all have the same first page so all my books look the same. I'd love to pick which image to use. I understand I can change the color of the icon, but I'd much rather have the actual book cover, which means selecting a different page than the first one.
Thank you very much for your nice review.
You can change any book icon color with its title so that please use it if possible. (for more information, please refer to the page 39 of the user guide)
The PDF notes is amazing. The new update allows PDF notes to be on the "open in" menu. Very nice. The best thing about this app is the speed of PDF regeneration, access and editing. My only request is: in a future update please add a text tool without the "post it note" feature...I.e. real text on the PDF.
And add cloud back-up.
Thanks...great work...this is by far the best PDF app out there.
Thank you for your kind encouragement. Please read the page 19 of the user guide; you can see a popup menu on the top of the page. The left most icon is a sticky note, and the next icon is a TEXT note without the "post it note" feature. You can customize text color, boundary color, and many things... I hope this may help you. ^^
Freezes up a lot since recent update
I’m frustrated by the app freezing and not executing edit commands. Using ios 11 on an ipad Air. It happens once an hour or two as I’m marking papers. Each time I need to reboot the ipad (not just the app), and it’s really testing my patience. Anyone else having this problem?
--- added on 2017.10.12 ---
Could you please please send me the backup file of the freezing document if possible? Please... I am still waiting to check what the problem is...
--- old reply on 2017.10.10 ---
If you want to solve any problem, please send me a bug report instead of this review. I have never seen those kind of issue until your review.
Please send me the backup file of the document frozen while you are making annotations. firstname.lastname@example.org
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.