PDF to Word ++
By Gerald Ni
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
PDF to Word ++ is an easy-to-use PDF Converter with OCR ability, which can convert both electronic and scanned PDF documents into editable and well-formatted Word document (.docx,.doc) and Plain Text (.txt). It can preserve original content, layout and formatting after conversion, reduce the need to retype the document manually or get rid of the tedious copy-paste job.
Document Formats Conversion
- Converts PDF to Microsoft Word (.docx, doc) and Plain Text (.txt) quickly and accurately.
High Level Accuracy
- High level accuracy of content and formatting retention, supports PDF file with multi-column, graphics, formatting, tables and preserves everything as accurate as possible.
- Detect table data automatically, or you can select table area to retain them as table in Word document.
Advanced OCR function
- OCR lets you extract text even if the text is contained in an image. A must-have function for converting PDFs that were created by scanner.
- OCR Supports following document languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Swedish, Polish and Dutch.
Other features list:
- Start with an extremely neat and clear interface.
- Convert unlimited amount of PDFs with batch conversion functionality.
- Convert any particular pages to save your time. (e.g. 1,5-10,23).
- Built-in PDF Reader provides a quick way to view a batch of PDFs.
- Extremely fast, convert a 100-page file within a minute (It may take a longer time when OCR is enabled )
- Support Microsoft Office 2008/2011.
* PDF to Word ++ is a pro version and contains all the functionality of PDF to Word +, with OCR integration.
If you have any feedback or questions, we'd love to hear from you. You can reach us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org, thanks.
What's New in Version 4.0.0
1. Enhanced conversion quality;
2. Optimized text formatting in docx and doc. Now the app can detect paragraph instead of adding line breaks (carriage return) in every line, easier for reusing or modifying text content in output Word document;
3. Support Retina, UI improvement;
4. Other minor bug fixed.
I bought this because it was the only OCR program that (said it) had paragraph detection, i.e. instead of making every line a separate paragraph, as in most OCR programs. Well, not only did it NOT do that, but the output was the worst I’ve seen: uneven line spacing, can’t tell serif from sans-serif fonts, changes font size in the same paragraph (which, again, it does not recognize as such), cannot detect boldface, etc.
I’ve been trying out and using OCR programs for over 20 years, and this is not even up to 1999 standards.
PDFpen, a PDF-management program that offers OCR as just one of its many functions, does a far better job of it. I’m going back to it; I can’t afford to waste any money on useless programs; from now, I absolutely will not buy anything that does not offer a free trial period.
This application does what suppose to do greatly !!!!
- Category: Business
- Updated: Oct 06, 2015
- Version: 4.0.0
- Size: 71.1 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Gerald Ni
- © 2015 Lighten Software Limited
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor