Edit PDFs easily with PDFpen! Add text, images, signatures, highlights, and comments. Make changes, fix typos, fill out forms, and redact sensitive information. Use OCR (Optical Character Recognition) to turn a scan into editable text. Export from PDF to Microsoft® Word.
• Make changes and mark up PDFs
With PDFpen, you can add text, images, audio and signature to your PDFs. You can even correct text in the original PDF. Use PDFpen’s tools to highlight, underline, or strikethrough text. Add comments and notes to share with others. View file attachments.
Remove private information permanently with the redaction feature. Select the text you want to omit, and redact it with a black box or a blank space--either way, the text is removed from the document. Remove a word, phrase or social security number throughout a document with search-and-redact or search-and-replace.
• Paperless Workflow
Reduce the amount of paper in your office. Scan documents directly into PDFpen and then use PDFpen’s OCR (Optical Character Recognition) on the scan. Preview OCR results. Search and repurpose the resulting text.
No more printing! Sign a PDF contract and email it back. It's the end of the old routine of print, sign, scan and fax. Need more security? Even password-protect your document.
Go mobile! Get PDFpen for iPad & iPhone on the iTunes App Store, and edit your PDFs seamlessly on Mac, iPad and iPhone, thanks to iCloud Drive and Dropbox.
• Easy to Use
Drag-and-drop thumbnails to rearrange pages or to combine pages from different PDFs. Deleting a page is as simple as selecting its thumbnail and pressing Delete.
In PDFpen’s Library, you can store frequently-used images, signatures and text so they are always at your fingertips.
What’s New in Version 10:
Insert Headers & Footers
New Precision Edit tool selects, moves, resizes and deletes line art and text
Improves move & resize of images
Enhances page number styling
Adds larger Library item view
Prettier drawing colors
Adds context menu options
- Add text, images and signatures to PDF
- Correct text in original PDF with editable text blocks
- Fill out interactive PDF forms and sign them
- Redact or erase text, including OCR text
- Search and redact text; search and replace text
- Export PDF to Microsoft® Word (.docx) offline
- Scan directly from Image Capture or TWAIN scanners
- Perform OCR (Optical Character Recognition) on scanned documents
- Viewable OCR layer for proofing OCR text from scanned pages
- Adjust resolution, color depth and contrast, skew, and size of an image or scanned document
- Sign PDF forms via interactive signature fields or digital signatures
- Insert and remove pages; re-order pages in a PDF by drag & drop; combine PDFs
- Move, resize, copy and delete images in original PDF
- Save PDFs directly to Evernote
- Copy and paste rich text; retain fonts and formatting when copying from PDFs, including columns
- Add (and print) notes and comments
- Mark up documents with highlighting, underscoring and strikethrough
- Save frequently-used images, signatures, objects and text in the Library
- Apply business-related and sign here stamps via the Library
- Print notes and comments with or without the original text
- Print a list of all annotations along with the document
- Full screen mode, as well as zoom to document width and zoom to actual document size
- Password protect a document with up to 256-bit AES encryption
- Compatible with iCloud Drive
- Sync Library items with PDFpen for iPad and iPhone via iCloud
- Automate PDF manipulations with AppleScript
- Available in English, Japanese, German, French, Italian, and Spanish
- Minor fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Bates Stamp does not work
It worked initially. Then it stopped. To get it to work, I have to delete the OCR layer of every page. One at a time. Then I can go back and add the bates stamp. Be careful though, it may be setup to auto OCR. So some pages still won’t have the page number. Very frustrating and worse than a waste of money. I would have saved money by purchasing full adobe with the amount of time I have wasted trying to make this software work. Redaction doesn’t work quite that well either. Still end up having to insert a rectangle to cover up all the text. Stick with “preview” or spend the money on Adobe. Don’t waste your time with this. Not really sure what the point of it is if nothing works.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review. Sorry to hear you were having troubles editing your documents with PDFpen. We take all concerns seriously and would love to address your issues more specifically. Please send details to: https://smle.us/support
Doesn’t even open anymore
I used PDF Pen for about a month. Worked fine. Now, I pretty much can’t even open up the program up without getting the spinning wheel of death. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the program and it still happens. I thought that maybe some update caused an issue, but I can’t even get the program open to look at the update history. So basically, I got one month’s use out of an $80 program, and now I’m back to Preview for my PDF program. Lame.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review. Sorry to hear you were having troubles launching PDFpen. We take all concerns seriously and would love to address your issues more specifically. Please send details to: https://smle.us/support
PDFpen 10 is damaged
I purchased PDFpen 10 at AppleStore yesterday and downloaded it 4 times over two hours. I tried to download it again this afternoon. Every time I got an error stating "PDFpen 10" is damaged and can't be opened. Delete PDFpen 10 and download it again from the App Store. I sent a note yesterday with this message, but got no reply. Will you please answer my messages telling me what is going on or refund my money.
- SmileOnMyMac, LLC
- 121.7 MB
macOS 10.12 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 SmileOnMyMac, LLC dba Smile
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.