PDFpen 2 - Highlight, Markup, Edit, Fill & Sign PDF docs
By SmileOnMyMac, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Use your iPad or iPhone to highlight and draw freehand on a PDF, sign a contract, make corrections, fill out an application, make comments on a presentation and much more.
* Highlight important text. Scribble freehand notes. Comment on drafts… and more.
* Edit the page content: add and correct existing text * Add, move, resize and even delete images.
* Sign a lease or contract--fill out an application or form--easily add your signature--then email it directly.
* The only PDF editor available for both iPad and Mac, with iCloud and Dropbox storage & sync for seamless editing.
- Read and edit PDF documents on your iPad & iPhone
- Add highlights and freehand scribbles safely with wrist/palm protection
- Add text, images and signatures to PDFs
- Correct text in original PDF with editable text blocks
- Fill out PDF forms, including specialized signature fields
- Email and Airdrop your documents, with an option to flatten documents for maximum compatibility
- Set a document password, which is required when opening your document, and even set the level of encryption
- Save documents in iCloud & Dropbox synced storage for sharing between devices
- Retrieve and save PDFs directly with iCloud Drive, Dropbox, Evernote, Google Drive, Transporter
- User-friendly iOS 8 look and feel
- Insert note and comment annotations
- Draw shapes, including lines, arrows, rectangles, ellipses, and polygons
- Move, resize, copy and delete images in original PDF
- Import images from Photo Library
- Annotate with proofreading marks and stamps
- Save frequently-used images, signatures, objects and text for reuse
- Automatic page numbering including bates numbering
- Sidebar for thumbnail and annotation skimming
- Duplicate and rotate pages
- Combine documents
- Organize your documents using Folders
- Support for pressure sensitive/bluetooth styluses: Pencil, Wacom, Jot Touch, Jot Script, Jaja, and Pogo Connect
- Integrated with PDFpen Scan+ for performing Optical Character Recognition (PDFpen Scan+ OCR is a separate purchase)
- Share PDFs with a computer via Wi-Fi; transfer files using iTunes, FTP, and WebDAV
Smile offers fast and friendly support. If you have any questions or feedback we'd love to hear from you. Please contact us at http://smle.us/support
What's New in Version 2.5.1
- Resolves problems using "Correct Text"
- Minor other fixes
Update riddled with bugs
PDFPen (and the desktop Pro) version have been my "go to" for several years, yet the current iteration on iPad is nearly unusable:
1. Cannot trigger sync without closing window then reopening it.
2. Sync no longer runs in background.
3. Sync not updating changes (none of my updates appear in Dropbox, in spite of repeated forced syncs over the past 30 minutes).
4. Highlighting does not recognize finger drag across text—gets stuck. Only way out is to zoom way in, grab handle, drag until it gets stuck again, zoom in even more, grab handle again, etc. Takes several tries just to highlight a short sentence (single line).
5. After dragging items into folders (which I love), a grayed out copy remains on the screen outside the folder. Probably related to failures in sync process.
6. Moving annotation text box works about 1/4 of the time, if that.
7. Renamed documents don't reflect name changes in Dropbox (again...that sync).
And all this in one simple PDF document.
Breaks my heart to post a negative review for this app, but the update behaves more like an untested beta than a fully vetted version. 😕
Reliable and Powerful
I've been using PDFpen for many years now, both on iOS as well as on the Mac. I share my documents via dropbox as well as iCloud. Smile on my Mac has kept up with emerging technologies from Apple as well as other vendors, so when it comes to working with PDFs, PDFpen pro 2 has you covered.
I admit, sometimes I don't remember how a particular function works. Then I resort to the well designed help that's available in the “Smile on my Mac” site, including lots of videos that walk me through everything I need to know.
This is a great product, and a great value for the money. I use it every day, and have never regretted the purchase.
Thanks for taking care of all your customers!
I've tried a few form fill apps, and this one is one of the best paid apps (although pricey). Every now and then it can get buggy, but not enough to force me to switch over to another app.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Aug 18, 2016
- Version: 2.5.1
- Size: 47.6 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: SmileOnMyMac, LLC
- © 2016 SmileOnMyMac, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.