PDFpen 3 – PDF Editor
By SmileOnMyMac, LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Use your iPad or iPhone to highlight and draw freehand on a PDF, sign a contract, make corrections, fill out an application, make comments on a presentation and much more.
* Highlight important text. Scribble freehand notes. Comment on drafts… and more.
* Edit page content: add and correct existing text * Add, move, resize and even delete images.
* Sign a lease or contract--fill out an application or form--easily add your signature--then email it directly.
* The best PDF editor available for both iPad and Mac, sync with iCloud and Files-compatible apps.
- Read and edit PDF documents on your iPad & iPhone
- Add highlights and freehand scribbles safely with wrist/palm protection
- Add text, images and signatures to PDFs
- Correct text in original PDF with editable text blocks
- Fill out PDF forms, including specialized signature fields
- Email and Airdrop your documents, with an option to flatten documents for maximum compatibility
- Set a document password, which is required when opening your document, and even set the level of encryption
- Save documents on iCloud & Files-compatible apps such as Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneNote, for sharing between devices
- Insert note and comment annotations
- Draw shapes, including lines, arrows, rectangles, ellipses, and polygons
- Move, resize, copy and delete images in original PDF
- Import images from Photo Library
- Annotate with proofreading marks and stamps
- Save frequently-used images, signatures, objects and text for reuse
- Automatic page numbering including bates numbering
- Sidebar for thumbnail, annotation, & table of contents skimming
- Duplicate and rotate pages
- Combine documents
- Use the new iOS Files interface to import/export and organize PDFs in folders
- Support for pressure sensitive/bluetooth styluses: Apple Pencil, FiftyThree Pencil, Wacom, Jot Touch, Jot Script, Jaja, and Pogo Connect
- Integrated with PDFpen Scan+ for performing Optical Character Recognition (PDFpen Scan+ OCR is a separate purchase)
Smile offers fast and friendly support. If you have any questions or feedback we'd love to hear from you. Please contact us at http://smle.us/support
What's New in Version 3.0.1
- Minor fixes and improvements
Not impressed. has me wondering if appstore got hacked.
This looks like the 2 rev old desktop version of PDFpen I have.
It is rev 3, but looks old. Sight unseen I felt confident this would be better than a 5 year old desktop version.
The toolset is spare & I just bought PDFpen for iOS on discount, based on another pdf annotator’s poor review for current version’s stability. its price fluctuated on the appstore.
It stores digital signatures, if that’s your thing.
The squiggly underscore I like, but changing colors is awkward.
Highlighting is strange, in that you have to quit the action to see it drop “behind” text selections. Not a dealbreaker.
~2 stars. I burned money buying this.
Even more dismayed when I realized it billed MORE than the discount price on a 4 day special than was advertised (& had NOT ended). The price was supposed 2b ~$12 & I got billed $20.
They made a few extra bucks on something I will not use.
Counter-intuitive, very uneven quality
So I saved a pdf in the desktop PDFPen Pro, and sync’d it up to iPad (somewhat laboriously.... the iPad version saved two copies for some reason). I took it into the field and added some text notes, again laboriously. (You have to jab a the iPad version to get into your text box, and it keeps resizing itself.)
When I got back to he desktop, all versions were re
reporting that they were sync’d to the cloud but the desktop version had lost my edits. So had the iPad version. It was disastrous.
This thing need a lot more work and a lot more field testing.
Full page of PDF
Each time I open a PDF created from any other PDF app, only a small portion of each page is visible on the page.
Full size slide appear on other PDF apps.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 06, 2017
- Version: 3.0.1
- Size: 29.6 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: SmileOnMyMac, LLC
- © 2017 SmileOnMyMac, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch.