PDX Bus, MAX, Streetcar and WES
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
PDX Bus is an award winning application that displays arrival times for public transport in Portland, Oregon.
** PDX Bus won Best in Show at the CivicApps.org awards **
This little application uses the Internet to quickly access TriMet's live tracking data to display arrival times perfectly formatted for the iPhone. It allows you to bookmark frequently used stops, displays recently accessed stops, and gives details for arrivals which are en-route.
You can enter the stop "id" of the stop (as displayed at each stop or station) or you can browse the routes for the stop.
- Interactive rail maps, showing the MAX, WES and Streetcar stops.
- Embedded maps, showing locations of stops, and when available, the last known position of the bus or train.
- Use GPS to locate nearby stops or rail stations.
- Browse routes and stops, show an entire route on the map.
- Links to TriMet route information.
- Displays Rider Alerts, and Detours.
- A "Nighttime visibility flasher" - a flashing screen that can be used at night so that drivers can see you. TriMet suggests holding up a cell phone to make yourself visible to bus drivers.
-Trip Planning - now you can use the same trip planning feature that is available on TriMet's web site.
- Specially formatted text to work with the iPhone 3GS VoiceOver accessibility feature to speak arrivals.
- QR code reader to read codes at bus stops and stations
Route and arrival data provided by permission of TriMet.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Note: this free application was developed as a volunteer effort to provide a service for TriMet riders, the developer has no affiliation with TriMet, or Apple. Suggestions and feedback are welcome.
What's New in Version 7.1
7.1 - Bug fixes
Fix for all Streetcar arrivals - the data provider changed the data without any warning (the data doesn’t come from TriMet).
- Added back ‘Bookmarks at the top’ setting.
- iOS 7: Fixed refresh timer button so it doesn’t flash.
- iOS 7: Fixed some graphics glitches.
- Canceled busses show the time crossed out.
- Fixed app store link from main screen.
- Now uses Apple’s geocoder for getting addresses from GPS locations.
- Fixed issues when GPS is used for destination in Trip Planner.
- Added back proximity alarm icon.
- Removed black color theme; it does not work well in iOS7.
- Changed JELD-WEN Field to Providence Park. Go Timbers!
- Added route map with stops to arrival details.
- Toolbar map icon now behaves consistantly added new menu item to map arrivals
- Added new URL scheme to allow other apps to launch PDX Bus’s trip planner.
- Icon has been tweaked.
- Improved responsiveness, memory usage and display of MAX & Streetcar maps.
- Minor fixes to station search.
- The ‘Nearby stops’ option for arrivals has been updated to to show maps, routes or arrivals.
Streetcar data has been fixed!
Thank you very much for fixing the streetcar arrival times so quickly. PDX Bus is truly the most versatile, useful iOS app for mass transit in Portland, Oregon. It's always on my homescreen.
This past week, after the streetcar arrival times stopped working, I quickly downloaded the few alternatives to this app from the AppStore and found that they were SORELY lacking in functionality, quality, and usefulness. To the point where I realized just how good PDX Bus really is. Now that it's up and running again, I'm relieved!
Whether it's for the bus, MAX, or streetcar, PDX Bus has got you covered. Download it now, you won't be disappointed.
Great useful app! A must if you ride TriMet
I use this app several times a day and it provides accurate arrival time. Been using for about a year and it's been very relative. Glad I can also bookmark the rail stops and busses I use all the time so I don't have to search through all the options! Highly recommend.
Great App for Trimet
Fantastic App, works great, very accurate and tons of features to make you transit life easier. Seriously, if you ride Trimet and you don't have this app, your missing out.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Jun 15, 2014
- Version: 7.1
- Size: 14.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Andrew Wallace
- © 2008-2013 A R Wallace
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.