PDX Bus, MAX, Streetcar and WES
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
PDX Bus is an award winning application that displays arrival times for public transport in Portland, Oregon.
** PDX Bus won Best in Show at the CivicApps.org awards **
This little application uses the Internet to quickly access TriMet's live tracking data to display arrival times perfectly formatted for the iPhone. It allows you to bookmark frequently used stops, displays recently accessed stops, and gives details for arrivals which are en-route.
You can enter the stop "id" of the stop (as displayed at each stop or station) or you can browse the routes for the stop.
- Interactive rail maps, showing the MAX, WES and Streetcar stops.
- Embedded maps, showing locations of stops, and when available, the last known position of the bus or train.
- Use GPS to locate nearby stops or rail stations.
- Browse routes and stops, show an entire route on the map.
- Links to TriMet route information.
- Displays Rider Alerts, and Detours.
- A "Nighttime visibility flasher" - a flashing screen that can be used at night so that drivers can see you. TriMet suggests holding up a cell phone to make yourself visible to bus drivers.
-Trip Planning - now you can use the same trip planning feature that is available on TriMet's web site.
- Specially formatted text to work with the iPhone 3GS VoiceOver accessibility feature to speak arrivals.
- QR code reader to read codes at bus stops and stations
Route and arrival data provided by permission of TriMet.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Note: this free application was developed as a volunteer effort to provide a service for TriMet riders, the developer has no affiliation with TriMet, or Apple. Suggestions and feedback are welcome.
What's New in Version 7.0
- Updated user interface for iOS 7.
- New icon from Rob Alan.
- Added vehicle color "tags"
- Added TriMet Facebook page.
- Added support to launch TriMet Tickets App.
- Added warning for flashing light.
- Many toolbar icons are now optional - see settings.
- Fixed location search so that stops that are both bus and rail stops are correctly filtered.
- Fixed locator screen flow.
- Large bus line identifier now rotates on iPhone.
- Disabled screen rotation on old iPads as it did not fully work.
- Added rail map toolbar button to station list screen.
- Fixed streetcar arrivals on Harrison.
Can u fix this?
In browsing for stop, bus #12, going toward Tigard, the stop "6th & Yamhill" appears where it shouldn't; between 5th & Madison, and 5th & Market. The stop gives the appropriate bus info, for the bus headed opposite, to Parkrose. It just should be removed. I'm aware of it, & still forget and use it and run to meet it before I realize I've been using the wrong info. Since it hasn't changed in update so I assume you don't know. The yellow MAX stop at Rose Quarter never worked before, and does now with the update so thank you!!
Used to be great...
Before this latest update, I was able to find where the bus was in its travel, making it possible to time when I needed to be standing out in the rain to wait for my bus to work or home. It also allowed me to time my connections better. Without the locator feature, it's just a crapshoot based on when the bus is "scheduled" and we all know this isn't a perfect world and busses aren't ALWAYS on time due to whatever may delay (traffic or mechanical). Please, please, please bring back this feature or just revert back to the way the app was before this latest update.
I love this app- I use it every day to plan out my trips. The complaints people have about it not working came from a specific day in which the trimet server was down and no trimet bus searchers were working. It was fine by the next day.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Jan 26, 2014
- Version: 7.0
- Size: 13.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Andrew Wallace
- © 2008-2013 A R Wallace
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.