PDX Bus, MAX, Streetcar and WES
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
PDX Bus is an award winning application that displays arrival times for public transport in Portland, Oregon.
** PDX Bus won Best in Show at the CivicApps.org awards **
This little application uses the Internet to quickly access TriMet's live tracking data to display arrival times perfectly formatted for the iPhone. It allows you to bookmark frequently used stops, displays recently accessed stops, and gives details for arrivals which are en-route.
You can enter the stop "id" of the stop (as displayed at each stop or station) or you can browse the routes for the stop.
- Interactive rail maps, showing the MAX, WES and Streetcar stops.
- Embedded maps, showing locations of stops, and when available, the last known position of the bus or train.
- Use GPS to locate nearby stops or rail stations.
- Browse routes and stops, show an entire route on the map.
- Links to TriMet route information.
- Displays Rider Alerts, and Detours.
- A "Nighttime visibility flasher" - a flashing screen that can be used at night so that drivers can see you. TriMet suggests holding up a cell phone to make yourself visible to bus drivers.
-Trip Planning - now you can use the same trip planning feature that is available on TriMet's web site.
- Specially formatted text to work with the iPhone 3GS VoiceOver accessibility feature to speak arrivals.
- QR code reader to read codes at bus stops and stations
Route and arrival data provided by permission of TriMet.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Note: this free application was developed as a volunteer effort to provide a service for TriMet riders, the developer has no affiliation with TriMet, or Apple. Suggestions and feedback are welcome.
What's New in Version 7.2
* New MAX & WES Maps
* Rebuilt for iOS 8 and iPhone 6
* Fixed issues with Streetcar arrivals
* Re-allowed emoji in bookmark names
Best TriMet App Out There
I tried a few trimet apps out there. This one makes all of the details about my trips and buses the most readily available. It also comes with some other bells and whistles that just plain work out of the box, which even the official try that app is far from achieving. Nice work! Thank you!
I've been using this app ever since its release, and it's always been perfect for all my transit needs.
Now that it's been updated with iPhone 6 and 6 Plus support, it's 5 stars for sure!
Practical, useful, and awesome
I use this app daily and it has helped me enormously over the years. Always accurate and I rely on it all the time. No need for another app out there - this is the one I use!
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Dec 21, 2014
- Version: 7.2
- Size: 13.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Andrew Wallace
- © 2008-2014 A R Wallace
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.