PDX Bus, MAX, Streetcar & WES
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
PDX Bus is an award winning application that displays arrival times for public transport in Portland, Oregon.
** PDX Bus won Best in Show at the CivicApps.org awards **
This app uses the Internet to quickly access TriMet's live tracking data to display arrival times perfectly formatted for the iPhone. It allows you to bookmark frequently used stops, displays recently accessed stops, and gives details for arrivals which are en-route.
You can enter the stop "id" of the stop (as displayed at each stop or station) or you can browse the routes for the stop.
- Interactive rail maps, showing the MAX, WES and Streetcar stops.
- Embedded maps, showing locations of stops, and when available, the last known position of the bus or train.
- Use GPS to locate nearby stops or rail stations.
- Browse routes and stops, show an entire route on the map.
- Links to TriMet route information.
- Displays Rider Alerts, and Detours.
- A "Nighttime visibility flasher" - a flashing screen that can be used at night so that drivers can see you. TriMet suggests holding up a cell phone to make yourself visible to bus drivers.
-Trip Planning - now you can use the same trip planning feature that is available on TriMet's web site.
- Specially formatted text to work with the iPhone 3GS VoiceOver accessibility feature to speak arrivals.
- QR code reader to read codes at bus stops and stations
Route and arrival data provided by permission of TriMet.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Note: this free application was developed as a volunteer effort to provide a service for TriMet riders, the developer has no affiliation with TriMet, or Apple. Suggestions and feedback are welcome.
What's New in Version 10.0
- Updated for iOS 11 and iPhone X.
- Fixed calendar issue; trips are now added to the calendar with the correct date.
- Minor updates to station names and maps (e.g. Orenco is now just Orenco)
- New QR code reader and added flashlight.
- Fixed many interface quirks with different width screens, things just align better now.
- Detours are grouped by route and text is more compact.
- Bigger route color circles and squares for trains.
- Shortened route names for streetcar arrivals to make them bigger on the screen.
Times not accurate
Used this app for the first time after a high recommendation from my son who uses it daily. While the route is correct, the bus left four minutes early, as I was a block away. I went to check the app again and it said the bus was arriving in four minutes. Now standing in the cold for 20 minutes on Sandy. I’d be less upset if there had been a notification saying that the bus schedule was the source of the arrival times, not live tracking as I’d assumed.
Really easy to use once you get the hang of it. So useful to see when transit is arriving, and planning trips.
It keeps deleting my stops and crashing so I can’t even check my bus
Idk what’s wrong please help
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Nov 12, 2017
- Version: 10.0
- Size: 18.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Andrew Wallace
- © 2008-2017 A R Wallace
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.