The official mobile ticketing app from Portland Streetcar! The PDX Streetcar mobile ticket app lets you purchase and use Portland Streetcar tickets, monthly and yearly passes instantly on your phone—anywhere, anytime. Just download the free app, register your debit/credit card in our secure system, and you're ready to go.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THIS APP:
* No paper fares to keep track of
* No need to carry cash, count exact change or find a ticket machine.
* Buy and use fares instantly using a debit/credit card.
* Store multiple tickets on your phone for future use.
* Pay a single fare or multiple fares for a group of riders.
* Register your debit/credit card(s) in our secure system.
* Purchase tickets on your phone or on any computer via our website.
HOW IT WORKS:
1. SELECT YOUR FARE: A book of 5-Streetcar Tickets; Monthly Pass; Annual Streetcar Pass. (A $5 minimum purchase is required.)
2. CHOOSE A QUANTITY: You can buy multiple tickets to use now or at a later time, a monthly pass, or a yearly pass. Yearly passes are also valid on the Portland Aerial Tram.
3. CHECKOUT: Pay with Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING:
"It's designed so well, so easy to use and understand...that I've actually not had much feedback to give! You all did a great job with this!"
" First purchase and ticket use worked like a charm. I started inputting my visa info as the streetcar came around the corner and I had my 5 tix purchased and one selected for use before the next stop. Nicely done. I especially like the font size (larger than expected) - helpful for 40-something eyes!”
Q: How do I use the app?
After downloading the free app, register a debit or credit card into our secure system. Select the fare type, select the quantity of tickets desired (A $5 minimum purchase is required) and then presses “checkout”. Tickets will appear in the “My Tickets” tab within the app. The rider can then board the Portland Streetcar.
When requested to show proof of valid fare by Portland Streetcar personnel or Transit Police officers the rider simply shows the unique digital ticket displayed on the phone. No additional scanning equipment required.
Q: If I purchase a Portland Streetcar ticket, can I also ride TriMet’s Max or Bus service?
No. Portland Streetcar tickets are valid for Portland Streetcar only. However, all TriMet tickets and passes are honored on Portland Streetcar.
Q: Do I need to be connected?
An Internet connection is required to purchase tickets, but you can use/activate your tickets offline.
Q: What if my battery dies?
Just like with paper tickets, you're responsible for making sure you have a valid fare at all times, so be sure to plan ahead!
STAY IN TOUCH:
We'd love to hear your feedback and suggestions for improving this app: Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Performance improvements and security updates.
Ratings and Reviews
I love being able to use an app to buy and display my ticket. However, I have to tap 4 times each time I want to use a ticket I've purchased. Why aren't my purchased tickets the first thing I see?
The map is unusable and I still have to use google to find out the schedule.
Love being able to use my phone to buy tickets
For as proud and prevalent as Portland's public transit is, this app is very disappointing. I frequently do not take the street car because I know the app will be a pain to use. Even the fact that you cannot add stops as your favorite to check timing is a big pain. Please invest some time in this thing- it will pay dividends!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.