Peace of Mind, is an easy-to-use program that helps you provide a guide to your property, financial accounts, arrangements such as bills and utilities, and the location of important documents.
The easiest way to think of how to use Peace of Mind is: What would my loved ones need to know about my property, bank accounts, financial arrangements, and documents, if I simply wasn’t around to deal with them?
Peace of Mind has seven key areas: -
1. Personal Details - including your identity, e.g. any other names you’ve held, as well as pointers to your tax arrangements, and the location of your will.
2. Property and Valuables - from dwellings to art, vehicles to intellectual property. Detail the items that your loved ones need to manage.
3. Financial Accounts - the accounts that you hold and the institutions that hold them. Note that balances and account numbers should never be stored, for security reasons.
4. Arrangements - that policy that you set up years ago and forgot about. That recurring payment that is tied to the car. Keep track of them in Peace of Mind, and never forget them again.
5. Documents - from key personal documents such as your driving licence or passport, to the deeds to your house. It’s important to let people know where everything is kept.
6. Notes - adhoc details about anything, Peace of Mind allows you to keep everything in one place.
7. Reports - all your data brought together in an easy to view and print format.
Peace of Mind is designed to hold information that your loved ones may need to access after your death: however, it is not designed to store any information that can be used to gain access to your financial accounts - it is merely a guide to where your legal representative should focus their attention.
We recommend you save your Peace of Mind data file to a USB pen drive, and store that pen drive securely (for example sealed with a copy of your will).
Please note: Peace of Mind does NOT provide legal or financial advice. It is purely an organiser for your details. Please talk to your lawyer, accountant, or other qualified professional if this is the sort of advice you are seeking.
Fixed wrapped line spacing in report for occasional long field contents
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.