Pearl Diver HD
By Learning Games Lab, NM State University
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Throw on your diving helmet, and head into the depths of the sea! Dive amidst shipwrecks and sunken ruins for the valuable pearls, maybe even the elusive black pearl. But watch out for that pesky electric eel!
* Ideal for middle school and upper elementary students, grades 3-8.
* Addresses number and operations standards relevant to Common Core, including:
=> Understanding numbers, ways of representing numbers, and number systems.
=> Understanding and representing commonly used fractions.
=> Understanding fractions as part of unit wholes and as locations on number lines.
=> Comparing and ordering fractions, and finding their approximate locations on the number line.
* Developed as part of the "Math Snacks" initiative. Other free animations, activities, and games are available through the Math Snacks web site at http://mathsnacks.org.
* Developed by mathematics educators, researchers, and game developers at the Learning Games Lab at New Mexico State University. Games developed by the Learning Games Lab undergo a rigorous instructional design process, extensive user testing, and input from learners, teachers, and researchers. For more information about the NMSU Learning Games Lab, visit http://learninggameslab.org.
Math Snacks materials were developed with support from the National Science Foundation (0918794). Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation. Some materials were originally prototyped or discussed as part of a cooperative agreement from the U.S. Department of Education (U295A050004).
What's New in Version 2.5
* Retina graphics.
* Widescreen iPhone support.
* Improved gameplay.
* Spanish-language localization.
Good app, kids enjoy
5th grade Special Ed teacher: students work diligently and gain understanding of concept. Becomes increasingly challenging as they advance. The timer is a deterrent to my more nervous students, making this too stressful for some to benefit from. Also, starting over invests too much time in easiest level for those who can't pick up speed for physical or neurological reasons. I recommend both Pearl Diver and Lobster Diver.
This game is really fun. It teaches you your halfs and 1/3.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jul 31, 2014
- Version: 2.5
- Size: 27.6 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: New Mexico State University Board of Regents
- © 2010, NMSU Board of Regents
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.