Peek Calendar - Simple & Minimalist Cal
By Square Mountains
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Featured by Apple (“Best New Apps”), The Verge, Techcrunch, Wired, The Next Web, Fast Company, Lifehacker and many more
“The calendar app that's changing my life”
“I love the design so much I'm finding any excuse to add new events to it”
“The calendar app I've been waiting all my life. ”
Peek is a quick and simple to use calendar for your iPhone. It is designed to be glanceable and intuitive. Peek presents the essentials in a easy to understand manner, without overwhelming you with data you might not need for an on-the-go experience.
Life can be stressful, why not managing it in a slightly more playful way. Peek is designed to offer a fluid, fast and fun way to have a glance at your schedule. Along with a fresh look into the user interface, it introduces new behaviors for interaction to make the experience more delightful. Try the Peek’s shading gesture or simply shake the phone to see some Peek's life events.
HUMAN ORIENTED & FLAT DESIGN
• A completely redesigned calendar experience for iPhone.
• An interface that is clean and content focused.
• Unified timeline view.
• Expanded current week: Today, Tomorrow and the rest of the week.
ADDING EVENTS NEVER WAS SO FUN
• Simple and fast to add events or edit them.
• Tap and hold on any day to add a new event.
• Adjust event start & end time w/o ever again typing or scrolling time wheel!
• Adjust event's start time with 2 taps or drags.
• Adjust event's end time with shrinking bar size.
USE INTERACTIVE & IMMERSIVE GESTURES
• Shading gesture - cup your hand over the top to reveal the time.
• Shake to get suggestions on Peek’s life events.
• Drag or swipe to the right to peek and view the duration and the location of events.
CUSTOMISABLE & FLEXIBLE
• Sync all external calendars supported by build-in calendar including iCloud, Google Calendar, Exchange, etc.
• Different color themes.
• Controlled sound and vibration feedback.
• Alarms integrated.
• Monday/Sunday start option.
• Timezone Support with picker.
What's New in Version 1.0.10
Expect next update with new & requested features soon! As always if you have a suggestion contact us via email and if you want to support us a review will be really helpful for us.
It needs a little help sorting
The app by far is beautiful to look at and I love the gesture controls. The area that needs improvement would be the organization of multiple calendars.
1.The first issue it abbreviated the calendar names so if your names are not defined in the first few characters it's almost impossible to know for sure you are assigning the right calendar.
2.the elastic snapping when scrolling is nice but it's a little too much sugar for a dime, I don't need the page to snap back when I am trying to scroll down the page while adding a new appointment. Nor do I need it when I am scrolling through my calendars while trying to selecting one for an appointment.
3. It's way too easy to delete an event, especially since adding a event is similar to deleting an event, depending on what screen your on, I can't tell you how many times that has happened. I recommend they should look at clear app for how they solved for this.
Nice to haves... Ability to change the colors, I get the orange palette, but it's not a great look for everyone.
In conclusion, this is a beautifully designed app and I love the gestures controls, but until they can manage multiple calendars better, it's not a professional solution, it's a single cal user.
looks nice but...
so visually this app is beautiful, and the promise of its simplicity is appealing, but it falls short of being a viable calendar. While it may be nice to look at, this app lacks the basic functionality necessary for a calendar, especially one designed for a mobile device, to have any value. For example, there is no way to invite other people to an event (when was the last time you went to a meeting by yourself?) While there is a place to enter a location, the app is not tied to the maps so unlike (every) other app there you can’t just tap on the location to get to the map… There is no way to see more than one day at a time… And there is no visualization for overlapping events within your calendar…
In short; its cute but a total design fail. While visually its nice, the actual design—that is what is does, the value it affords the user, is a disappointment.
Frankly, I would like my money back.
Fun to Use!
This is the only calendar that I've found myself using consistently everyday and that I haven't deleted after a week or so... and I've tried A LOT. The reason is that it's just so fun to use, and the gesture-based navigation is simple and quick enough to encourage using throughout the day. I think the only things I would critique would be to make viewing event notes easier ( seeing entire note in larger text without going straight into edit mode) and perhaps a few more themes to choose from. Other than that, I truly love this calendar and totally recommend it.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 17, 2014
- Version: 1.0.10
- Size: 5.5 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Danish, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Square Mountains OU
- © 2013 Square Moutains OU
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.