Peek Calendar - Simple & Minimalist Cal
By Square Mountains
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Featured by Apple (“Best New Apps”), The Verge, Techcrunch, Wired, The Next Web, Fast Company, Lifehacker and many more
“The calendar app that's changing my life”
“I love the design so much I'm finding any excuse to add new events to it”
“The calendar app I've been waiting all my life. ”
Peek is a quick and simple to use calendar for your iPhone. It is designed to be glanceable and intuitive. Peek presents the essentials in a easy to understand manner, without overwhelming you with data you might not need for an on-the-go experience.
Life can be stressful, why not managing it in a slightly more playful way. Peek is designed to offer a fluid, fast and fun way to have a glance at your schedule. Along with a fresh look into the user interface, it introduces new behaviors for interaction to make the experience more delightful. Try the Peek’s shading gesture or simply shake the phone to see some Peek's life events.
HUMAN ORIENTED & FLAT DESIGN
• A completely redesigned calendar experience for iPhone.
• An interface that is clean and content focused.
• Unified timeline view.
• Expanded current week: Today, Tomorrow and the rest of the week.
ADDING EVENTS NEVER WAS SO FUN
• Simple and fast to add events or edit them.
• Tap and hold on any day to add a new event.
• Adjust event start & end time w/o ever again typing or scrolling time wheel!
• Adjust event's start time with 2 taps or drags.
• Adjust event's end time with shrinking bar size.
USE INTERACTIVE & IMMERSIVE GESTURES
• Shading gesture - cup your hand over the top to reveal the time.
• Shake to get suggestions on Peek’s life events.
• Drag or swipe to the right to peek and view the duration and the location of events.
CUSTOMISABLE & FLEXIBLE
• Sync all external calendars supported by build-in calendar including iCloud, Google Calendar, Exchange, etc.
• Different color themes.
• Controlled sound and vibration feedback.
• Alarms integrated.
• Monday/Sunday start option.
• Timezone Support with picker.
What's New in Version 1.0.10
Expect next update with new & requested features soon! As always if you have a suggestion contact us via email and if you want to support us a review will be really helpful for us.
It needs a little help sorting
The app by far is beautiful to look at and I love the gesture controls. The area that needs improvement would be the organization of multiple calendars.
1.The first issue it abbreviated the calendar names so if your names are not defined in the first few characters it's almost impossible to know for sure you are assigning the right calendar.
2.the elastic snapping when scrolling is nice but it's a little too much sugar for a dime, I don't need the page to snap back when I am trying to scroll down the page while adding a new appointment. Nor do I need it when I am scrolling through my calendars while trying to selecting one for an appointment.
3. It's way too easy to delete an event, especially since adding a event is similar to deleting an event, depending on what screen your on, I can't tell you how many times that has happened. I recommend they should look at clear app for how they solved for this.
Nice to haves... Ability to change the colors, I get the orange palette, but it's not a great look for everyone.
In conclusion, this is a beautifully designed app and I love the gestures controls, but until they can manage multiple calendars better, it's not a professional solution, it's a single cal user.
This is making it pleasant
This is a very good app. Making things simple. I still look forward for more flexibility and be able to choose which Google calendar I want to make an entry to. The good thing about this app is that it made things so simple as a front cover for the built in calendar of the iPhone and iPod touch. It also runs on the iPad, but I didn't find an iPad version which make it more space friendly. The good thing about the developers is that they keep making it better and better. I am looking forward for more.
Confusing and Featureless
It looks ok, that's about it's only redeeming quality.
I can't sort the calendars like iOS can, for example I have a Facebook, Google, and iCloud calendar for different personal things that iOS keeps separate. Since this app chooses to only the title, the calendar shows up as "birthday" or "personal" so I don't know which of the three services I'm syncing to. It's quite useless.
Everything in the event creation menu lacks context: aside from the time of the event, the end time (I think?) below it (what even is it? There's no title text) and then there are even more confusing alarms below that that lack customization. If you're right handed, your thumb covers the end time on the duration slider, so you can't read it. Genius!
It doesn't integrate with my reminders like the description claims. Very strange. Perhaps that's just my phone, it's enabled in the privacy settings.
It looks visually appealing, which is why I bought it. I hope the developers fix these issues in the future.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 17, 2014
- Version: 1.0.10
- Size: 5.5 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Danish, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Square Mountains OU
- © 2013 Square Moutains OU
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.