By AGLogic, LLC.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
An ad-supported version of the classic, hand-crafted weather observation app created by swackett (as seen on NBC's TODAY Show).
Peepometer 1000 is an elegant weather observation instrument with a retro, 1950's-era feel. Replicating the look and feel of a mechanical device in every detail, Peepometer's vintage gauges and dials are faithfully reproduced in stunning high resolution. Special attention is paid to mechanical functionality — with the gauge needles even responding to subtle bumps and inertia (on iPad 2 and newer devices).
And of course, Peepometer is designed specifically for retina display in the new iPad. Peepometer 1000 will transport you back to time when meteorologists, the aviation industry, and weather enthusiasts around the world used mechanical gauges and dials to observe weather conditions. This app is a must-have for any weather enthusiast.
Peepometer 1000 includes eight standard scopes, gauges and dials:
• Peep Scope
• Temperature Gauge
• Wind Speed and Direction Gauge
• Imagery Scope (including animated radar loops where available)
A true swackett app
Brought to you by the design team behind swackett, Peepometer 1000 also features the famous swackett peeps — who always appear dressed appropriately for the weather. swackett user accounts are fully supported: including your custom locations, temperature and language preferences, and your purchased swackett editions. Naturally, Peepometer 1000 sports its very own brand of swackett Easter Eggs.
Peepometer 1000 displays detailed weather conditions and forecasts for over 2 million locations worldwide.
Forecasts and Imagery
• Current weather details
• Visual forecasts for today, tonight and tomorrow
• Daily forecasts for the next 5 days
• Local, regional, state and national full-motion radar images (where available) with rain, ice and snow color mapping
• Smart watches and warnings (available currently only in the US, but coming soon to other countries)
Comprehensive Weather Details
• Temperature and “real feel” temperature
• Dew point
• Wind speed and directions
• Sunrise and sunset
• Precipitation amounts for rain, ice and snow
• Percent probability of precipitation
• swackett Editions to keep forecasts fresh and fun
• Seamless multi-platform location synchronization (Mac, iPhone, iPad, Web).
Transport yourself back to the early days of modern meteorology: download Peepometer 1000 today!
What's New in Version 1.0.3
General performance enhancements.
I LOVE this application and I found fun retro Easter eggs by turning the screws!:) I want the hourly information about the weather for each day though. I got that with the iPhone version but not with this one. Either it’s there and I’m not seeing it or this needs an update.
A strange beast
The loud noise (static sound) at the start, despite turned off sound effects never makes me want to open the app in public.
Also very pessimistic forecasts that are more often wrong than not.
This app is wonderful. You made a weather app entertaining.. Well done!!
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Oct 29, 2012
- Version: 1.0.3
- Size: 9.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: AGLogic, LLC
- © 2012 AGLogic, LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.