There will be a new master! Join young Friiti on his retro Pelimanni* adventure through the haunting sceneries of the north as he embarks on a journey to become a Master Pelimanni. On his way the brave fiddler encounters a number of talented but dangerous mentors from the mythological Näkki to the Devil himself, and the stakes are high: either play your best or you're out of the game!
Pelimanni 8bit is a platformer game that takes you into the bygone world of folk stories and traditional fiddle music and wraps it up in a package that reminds you of the golden classics of early gaming consoles. Released by the Finnish Folk Music Institute and created by Jimmy Träskelin with 8 bit score by Antti Janka-Murros, Pelimanni 8bit is an entertaining and impressive piece of fantasy with a deep foundation in historical folk tradition and lore.
(*Pelimanni: Finnish word for a person who has acquired a skill in playing traditional folk music, usually learned by ear from other pelimannis)
* Eight unique levels filled with creatures and phenomenons from Finnish folk mythology
* Eight Pelimanni bosses to beat on your way to become a Master Pelimanni
* Traditional platformer controls
* Beautiful retro graphics
* 8-bit score and sound effects programmed with retro hardware
* Minor bug fixes
- Jimmy Traskelin
- 101.2 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2017 Jimmy Träskelin / Kansanmusiikki-instituutti
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.