Penny - Track Your Money, Bills, Saving & Spending
By Friendly Finances, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Chat with Penny to securely track your spending and plan for a better financial future! We’ve tracked millions of transactions and helped hundreds of thousands of people.
• Explains your spending and income with friendly messages and simple, beautiful graphs.
• Shares fun and useful facts, like where you shop most or how much you spend on fast food.
• Tracks your upcoming bills and credit card payments and reminds you when they're due.
• Notifies you when new transactions arrive.
• Sorts your transactions into simple categories, automatically.
• Offers friendly suggestions on how to get the most from your money.
• Shows all of your transactions and balances in one place.
• Warns you when your bank charges you a fee.
• Helps you set achievable goals and take steps towards improving your financial health.
• Built with bank-grade security by industry veterans.
PENNY IN THE MEDIA
• TechCrunch: Penny Raises $1.2M in Funding For Its Personal Finance Bot
• New York Times: Jamie Dimon Wants to Protect You From Innovative Start-Ups
• Forbes: Look Here For A Glimpse At Facebook’s Chatbot Future
• TIME: 25 Websites That Will Help You Stick to Your Resolution
• Lifehacker: Penny Tracks Your Spending and Walks You Through Your Budget
• Product Hunt: A Personal Finance Coach That’s Simpler Than Mint
...and many more!
BANK LEVEL SECURITY
• We use SSL 256-bit encryption—the same security protocol that banks use.
• Access to Penny is protected by TouchID fingerprint authentication.
• Nobody, including you, can access your money with Penny.
• Penny never stores your bank credentials.
• Closing your Penny account deletes all information from our servers, as if you had never signed up.
Penny is completely free to use, and we don’t sell your information to anyone!
Penny offers a premium membership called Penny+. With a Penny+ membership, you can turn on more categories, edit transaction names, refresh your balances whenever you want, and more. Your Penny+ membership will automatically renew at the end of each term and your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings.
Note: Penny is currently only available in the United States.
What's New in Version 2.0.7
Penny's got a bunch of new abilities:
* Learn how to invest with Penny! Or if you'd prefer to save for a more immediate need, Penny can help you do that too.
* Get easy, actionable tips on how to improve your credit score.
* Penny+ subscribers can now set custom bill reminders. Never forget to pay a bill again!
* Penny can show you a list of your contacts to help spread the word, but only if you give Penny permission. That information is never stored or sent anywhere—your privacy is a top priority to us.
Charming and helpful lil app
Penny is a wonderful app, it's very easy to setup and link your accounts. Using it is a bit of a surreal experience at first, it's a lil odd that Penny actually "talks" to you but you get used to it quickly. Her fun facts are probably the best bit of the app, wish there was a feature to get them more frequently. Sends account notifications almost immediately as they happen. The graphs and data that Penny presents about your spending habits are clean and easy to follow. This app is like having your own financial adviser. I think it's the app simplistic and clean layout that makes it so appealing and fun to use.
Edit: I have to update my review, sadly not for the better. The app worked well for about 3 or 4 months and then for whatever reason stopped updating my account balances/transactions. Some communication login error with my bank. Gave it two months to see if it could be fixed, app support were helpful and communicative about the issue. Sadly without having updated balances/account information the app is now useless. Quite a shame.
Tech at its finest!
So I literally downloaded Penny last night and after exploring it I decided I loved it and wanted to get Penny Plus! I was able to connect all of my accounts and have it analyzed for FREE. Something that was never previously available to a young millennial like myself now is. And now for a small monthly fee I can get even more in depth knowledge into my finances. I plan on using this for EVERYTHING finance related in the future. Penny dear, we are going to make an awesome team!
I hope eventually the tech will get to a place where Penny will be able to pay my bills for me. Imagine if I could get her connected to my water, electric, rent, etc companies and with a tap of a button my bills are paid. I understand Penny is still developing but I can easily see it taking this direction and I can only imagine that the Penny Development Team has this in their scope for the future.
Penny's human minions you guys are amazing and please keep up the good work! I have no issue paying for this service. Y'all rock 🤘🏼
Few glitches, awesome app!
I am an excellent saver and money manager myself, but I found this app and I swear I got 10x better. I love that everything is separated into categories so I know how much I'm spending on bills, food, gas, and other purchases alone! It even kept track of my goal to not spend as much on food. Of course sometimes my bills will fall under a different category like other purchases but I can edit that and Penny catches on and fixes it from there. Lately my transactions have been coming up doubled or tripled, saying I've spent $60 on something ($20, 3 times) when I spent $20 but I just mark the other 2 as not important and it doesn't keep track. That's the only thing I'd fix! Other than that it truly is a great app, I'm loving Penny!
- Category: Finance
- Updated: Jun 23, 2017
- Version: 2.0.7
- Size: 7.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Friendly Finances, Inc.
- © 2017 Friendly Finances, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Donation to Penny$2.99