From critically acclaimed storytelling to powerful photography to engaging videos — the Pensacola News Journal app delivers the local news that matters most to your community.
• Access all of our in-depth journalism, including things to do around town, sports coverage from high school to the pros, and much more.
• Enjoy a streamlined, fast-loading experience that makes it easy to view the stories, photos, and videos that matter to you.
• Get breaking news, sports scores, and weather alerts with real-time notifications tailored to your interests.
• Customize your experience by saving your favorite stories, adjusting text size, using night mode, or reading offline.
• This app is free to download and all users can access a sampling of free articles every month.
• For unlimited access to all content, subscribe now and get 30 days free ($7.99/month after). Or if you are already a subscriber, you can sign in with your existing subscription.
• Subscriptions are charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and automatically renew each month or year, unless turned off in your iTunes account settings at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage your subscriptions and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription, where applicable. See "Subscription Support" in the app's Settings for more details and customer service contact information.
• Terms of Service: http://static.pnj.com/terms/
• Questions or Comments: email@example.com
• New in-app alerts let you know when there's a story we don't want you to miss: Look for the blue alerts bar within the app, similar to our existing Breaking News alerts (in red).
• As usual, we're always adding performance improvements and removing bugs.
Ratings and Reviews
Not worth it
While the app is good about giving up-to-date news alerts, they give you a limit of 30 articles a month to look at, unless you want to pay to see the articles. Even after the month, when you’re supposed to have free articles, they still won’t allow you to see the articles, stating “you’ve reached your free article limit for this month” and to subscribe to see the article. I am not pleased.
Keeping up to date.
Appreciate the news alerts and stories as I just moved away but after almost 30 years - you don't just walk away.
No ability to search articles
The PNJ website allows anyone to search their website for past articles. This app does not appear to have a search function, even for subscribed readers. Don’t waste your time with this app, stick with the PNJ website.
- 234.3 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2019 Gannett Co., Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Pensacola News Journal Digital Subscription $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.