Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The best digital handwriting on iPad. Penultimate combines distraction-free, natural handwriting and sketching with the power of Evernote’s sync and search. Take class or meeting notes, journal your thoughts, or outline your next big idea—in the office or on the go. From the first stroke, Penultimate makes the experience of pen and paper more productive.
INK AND PAPER, MADE BETTER
Notes and drawings look spectacular in black or colored ink. Our inking technology produces pen strokes that look natural, and Wrist Protection prevents stray marks for writers of all grips. Choose from a number of paper styles, or import an image to create personalized paper.
STYLUS AND SOFTWARE BUILT TOGETHER
We worked closely with Adonit to create the stylus we've always wanted: the Jot Script Evernote Edition, the first true precision-point stylus. Penultimate integrates tightly with the stylus and together they make digital handwriting the experience it should be. It’s like writing with your favorite pen. Available now in the Evernote Market.
YOUR WRITING KEEPS PACE WITH YOU
Penultimate lets you work on any part of the page effortlessly. To zoom in on a location on the page, simply pinch in and start writing. With Penultimate's Drift feature enabled, the page will move along with you, automatically adjusting to the pace you are working at.
CONNECT AND SYNC WITH EVERNOTE
Sign in to your Evernote account in the Penultimate app to organize your Penultimate notes in notebooks, separated by topic, project, or category. Your Penultimate notes are synced to Evernote automatically, so you can find and share them across all of your devices.
FIND WHAT YOU NEED QUICKLY
No matter how you prefer to organize your work, Penultimate makes it easy to find the notes you need. Penultimate processes your notes so you can search for handwritten text in the app. Save and browse your work in notebooks and insert, delete, duplicate, and reorganize pages any way you like within them.
GET MORE WITH PREMIUM
Penultimate is free to download and use. Evernote Premium adds great features across all of the Evernote applications. In Penultimate, Passcode Lock and unlimited Paper Shop access are included. Premium is available through an auto-renewing subscription.
Two subscription options:
- Evernote Premium monthly for $5
- Evernote Premium annually for $45
Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel a subscription during the active period. Manage your subscriptions in the Account Settings after purchase.
What's New in Version 6.0.4
- Support for Jot Script 2 Evernote Edition
- Faster and more accurate Jot Script performance with the latest Adonit Jot Touch SDK
- Added ability to split large notes automatically
- Improved syncing and large note editing experience
it's a sync issue most of the time
I have had mixed feelings about the new app since iOS 8 debuted, but I love Evernote and the old version so much I have made it a personal mission to make it work again within my day to day, somehow. It is frustrating to see how easy it is to use the same Jotscript pen with Adobe tools, and in trying to see what was going on, I started checking the activity log of my penultimate app and noticed that most issues are related to memory, so I decided to do two things: closed all other apps (no effect), and stopped automatic syncs. The latter has been the ''EUREKA!'' moment I have been waiting for. On my ipad3 retina I see much better response to my pen, and I can fully take verbose notes back again. Of course, it is risky but I hope this helps developers. I tested it on my mini with retina display (a much better piece of hardware by all means) and same effect before and after. It is like driving without a safety belt, but at least I can diagram and write freely. Please improve the sync so we can go back to usable terms, and please revise the algorithms so it does proper recognition of text once more.
This most recent update has made the app way less usable and way less like writing in a real notebook. The zoom feature is way less intuitive. I liked that you could simply zoom in and the page would get bigger. Now it has a stupid zoom box. My Jot Script 1st generation stopped working in the app the moment I updated the app. The Jot Script 1 still works in all my other apps. I have only had the 1st generation for less than a year. I shouldn’t be forced to buy the new Jot Script 2 just to use the updated app. When I turn my iPad to landscape view, the app used to turn the page to landscape view. Now, it simply zooms in on approximately half of the portrait view. I can’t get anything to view in landscape view. SO, all of the chord charts I have made that are in landscape mode, will now have to be manually re-entered in portrait. There is no way I am hand rewriting over 300 song charts just because of an update eliminating a previous feature. There are many more feature changes that make this app worse and not better. Therefore, I am simply taking my business to NoteShelf.
Version 6 has grown on me since it has been updated. The writing is more smooth than at first and the quality of the PDFs is much better than the older versions. That being said, there are still some huge issues that I really need fixed.
1. The app keeps freezing while writing. The only way to fix it is to erase the last thing written and rewrite it. It's not that big of a deal, but is annoying.
2. The app continues to crash occasionally. Less than before and I'm losing less data, but it's still annoying.
3. I can't export any of my notes to PDF. Even if I wait a really long time, the notes will not export. I really need this to be fixed. I have a job that requires my notes to be distributed often. If this isn't fixed really soon, I will finally have to switch to another app. I have held out so far because I really like my notes to all look similar and I like the pen choices in penultimate, so please please please find a solution for this now. This alone is enough to drop stars all the way to 1, but I'm trying to be nice.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 31, 2015
- Version: 6.0.4
- Size: 26.4 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Cocoa Box Design LLC
- © 2006 - 2015 Evernote Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Time & Tasks Paper Collection$0.99
- Games Paper Collection$0.99
- Design Collection$0.99
- Evernote Premium$4.99
- Music Paper Collection$2.99
- Photo Album Paper Collection$0.99
- Young Writers Paper Collection$0.99
- Evernote Premium$44.99
- Chinese New Year 2014Free