*** Note: Perforator is an AUv3 Audio Unit plugin; which requires an AUv3 compatible host app, such as Garageband, Cubasis, BM3 or AUM ***
Perforator is a rhythmic gating audio effect: it will creatively snip, cut, gap and filter incoming audio to create rhythmic patterns out of sustained sounds.
By tuning the slice envelopes you can create anything from classic staccato "trance gate" sounds to emulations of sloppy pumping sidechain compression.
Two gating mechanisms can be dialled in: an AMP EG gate (the traditional way of gating) and a 12dB/Oct lowpass filter which will rapidly carve away high frequencies from your sound to effectively silence them.
- AUv3 Audio Effect, works in all AU compatible hosts
- automatically syncs with your project's tempo
- edit Left an Right channel independently
- built-in preset manager with a ton of factory presets
- all AU Parameters exposed for host automation
- user manual available on ruismaker.com
- Universal: works on iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch
- Bonus Feature: AU MIDI output*
* AU MIDI: both envelopes (L+R) can send their values out as MIDI CC messages to mimic 'parameter lock' messages in other plugins/apps. Note: this feature requires iOS11+ and a host compatible with AU MIDI from effects.
- fixed an issue with AU automation on some hosts
- minor internal improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Issues with wet and dry glitche noises after a few days of use. Was working fine without any distorted glitches now when I’m using the wet dry I hear bits breaking. All levels good on BeatMaker 3 with iPad Pro latest updates
Did not mean to leave a one star it was the only way to post a review by no means was it negative love your stuff it was my fault on the glitches! Rookie mistake
Hi, this is almost certainly an issue with BM3, not with Perforator. Please send me an email so I can perhaps help find a workaround. That usually helps much better than leaving a 1-star review. Thanks.
I NEEDED this!
This came along at the perfect time! It’s exactly what I’ve looking for to add some different dimension to drones. I purchased it 10 minutes ago, put it in an apeMatrix mix, set up some rhythmic stuff, and I don’t need to know more. PERFECT! And with multiple AU instances with different presets, fed into delays etc. this is going to be amazing another Bram home run!
Boss up in the mix with this app as usual.
Hit out of the park for house trance heads everywhere!
Remember that awesome gated synth sound on Zeta? Now you have it on every synth w this app!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.