By Elsewise LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Peripatetic is not just another pedometer app – it's a pedometer designed for wanderers and thinkers.
It's a way to keep a diary of your quotidian walking: incidental steps while shuffling between meetings at work, cooking dinner or cleaning the house, walking the dog around the block, hiking through a nearby forest, or sauntering along the Seine.
(Though Peripatetic is meant to present the basic information about your walks without the distractions often presented in other pedometer apps, there's no reason this app can't be used as a companion to athletic/health-oriented walking apps. I sometimes use it that way myself.)
With this app, you can:
• Save step counts and distance for specific time ranges
• Track floors ascended and descended (iPhone 6 and 6 Plus only)
• Save your walks in categories, and add notes
• Export all your walk details to track over months or years
What's missing from this app?
• There's no need to start it before your walk: You can record a walk up to seven days after you take it. (on iPhone 5s, 6, and 6 Plus)
• You don't need to decide where you are going, or worry about changing your route.
• The app won't nag you about goals, make assumptions about your life, or guilt-trip you towards some theoretical optimum.
And then there's privacy:
• Your data is yours, and it's kept private.
• The app doesn't transmit or sell your walking data, to the publisher or to any third party.
• The app doesn't even track your location.
• No ads. No noise. No distractions.
I made this a free download because I didn't want anyone to accidentally buy it on a device that doesn't support the pedometer features of iOS 8 without the chance to try it first.
• Record up to 4 walks, using standard categories
• Export those walks as a spreadsheet
• View historical and literary quotes about walking
• Use the app without the appearance of a single ad!
By upgrading to the unlimited version, you can:
• Record as many walks as you want
• Edit and delete saved walks
• Create your own categories, with custom time ranges and colors
• Save as many walks as you want to your calendar, or even save all your walks by default
• Export your walk details for use in Numbers, Excel, or a database of your choice
• Continue to luxuriate in the ad-free space of this app!
Please Note: If you have an iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, or iPhone 6 Plus, your phone can count your steps and distance automatically. No accessories or external hardware needed.
If you have an iPhone 4s, 5, 5c, or iPod Touch 5th generation, you can manually enter your steps and distance, but they won't be recorded automatically.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Released: Apr 12, 2015
- Version: 1.0.1
- Size: 3.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Elsewise LLC
- © Elsewise LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Unlimited Version$2.99