Periscope - Live Video Streaming Around the World
By Twitter, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Periscope lets you broadcast and explore the world through live video.
See where news is breaking, visit a new place, or meet people and share interests - all in real-time.
Use Periscope to:
• Broadcast live video and interact with people through hearts and comments.
• Discover popular live video streams from around the world or search for broadcasts by location or topic.
• Missed out on a live video? Don't worry - watch the best parts with replay highlights.
• Instantly share your live videos to Twitter and other social networks.
• Broadcast privately to specific followers or friends.
What's New in Version 1.8.6
[+] GoPro Hero5: You can now broadcast using the latest Hero5 cameras from GoPro.
- If someone you follow joins a broadcast you're watching, you'll see their profile picture at the bottom of the screen. Tap their picture to send them a message, or tap & hold to open their profile.
- Fixed crash that would sometimes happen when sharing from an iPad.
Stutters and lags
Needs a new update, i have been using this app for almost a year and i have never experienced so much lag watching videos. About 70% of all videos i watch freeze every 1-2 seconds. I have watched videos before the update and they barely or never freeze. Also, its annoying that users constantly delete their videos after broadcasting, rendering my feed almost empty when most of the people i am following delete it immediately. And when i want to rewatch their broadcast in the beginning to watch what i missed, the video is just unwatchable.
This a great app for creating streaming content and also following others' content. Plus this app is always being improved by the developer team. The developer team also streams and chats with users often another major plus for this app. If you read a lot of the reviews you can easily tell this is a great app.
I enjoy the app but the priorities seem to be a little off.
1) We can scribble on scopes (nobody uses that any more) and we have 360 enabling but still NO FOCUS LOCK? This is pretty basic for a video app; I've had so many scopes ruined by constant refocusing. It especially bad while zooming.
2) Less lag and freezing would also be nice; it's gotten to be a serious problem lately. I often end up closing scope and restarting several times while watching scopes.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Dec 15, 2016
- Version: 1.8.6
- Size: 92.9 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Twitter, Inc.
- © Twitter Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes