NEW: Start earning when you go LIVE! Super Hearts are virtual gifts you can give and receive during live broadcasts.
Use Periscope to:
• Broadcast live video and interact with people through hearts and comments.
• Discover popular live video streams from around the world or search for broadcasts by location or topic.
• Give and receive Super Hearts to show support.
• Missed out on a live video? Don't worry — watch the best parts with replay highlights.
• Instantly share your live videos to Twitter and other social networks.
• Broadcast privately to specific followers or friends.
Want to hide all chats and hearts in a broadcast? Now you can either tap on “theater mode” from the overflow menu, or turn your phone horizontally. (This update replaces “hide chat.”)
Ratings and Reviews
Periscope offers live broadcasts with a twist—the ability to replay them at any time. Every video comes to life with a league of integrated social features: while watching streams, you’ll also see people join, leave hearts, comment in real time, and more. The app makes it super-simple to set your privacy settings too, so you’ll always know who you’re broadcasting to—whether it’s a small group of friends or the whole world.
Best-designed, and amazing people
I’ve tried several live streaming apps, and Periscope really is the best designed streaming app available. And through it I have met such incredibly wonderful people (online and IRL at meetups) it never ceases to blow my mind. I have so many favorite scopers that there aren’t enough hours in the day to watch all the broadcasts that I want to, even now 3.5 years into it. Favorite food scopers: DiningHappy and Go2Kitchens. I could list many more favorites in various categories, but just check out who I (Boodlums) follow there.
Now two things I wish they’d fix:
1. Repeater bots. There are clear patterns in their bios, so it should not be hard to instantly and automatically identify a bot account and vanquish it, yet they proliferate.
2. Notifications. Broadcast notifications randomly vanish from my Notification Center. This is supposedly an iOS bug, but a satisfactory workaround would be for the app to have its own internal Notification Center. I sent in this suggestion a long time ago. This issue prevents me from broadcasting from the app on my phone, so I only broadcast from within Twitter now to avoid triggering the deletion of Periscope notifications.
I have this app on my iPhone, and I think it’s great. I don’t get on that much but when I do it’s always fun. Whether I’m watching or streaming. The only thing is, I understand that if I leave the whole window the video will end. That’s fine. But I can’t even answer a text without it ending.
I’ve seen people who stream hands free, and it’s obviously not their phone they’re using because they usually have their phone next to them. So I assumed that maybe they were using a laptop or something. Until I looked at the app here I didn’t realize it wasn’t compatible with my Mac. I thought using my laptop would be so much easier so I could use my phone and not worry about accidentally ending the video.
I don’t have an iPad or any of that, so I mean I COULD get one... but it’s not something I can afford, and I already have a laptop with a camera on it.
So if you guys could make the app compatible with laptops, that’d be GREAT.
(I’d just say Mac since you already support most apple products, but it’d be nice for people not using a Mac too. I know programming and stuff is hard, so, No pressure!)
- Twitter, Inc.
- 108 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © Twitter Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Starter Coin Package $0.99
- Booster Coin Package $2.99
- Champion Coin Package $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.