MyPermissions - Online Privacy Shield
By Online Permissions Technologies
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
As seen on: MSNBC, Wired, Mashable, USA Today, The Next Web, Netted by the Webbys, LifeHacker, The Verge & more...
Do you know how many apps and services have permission to access your private info? What about often those services access your data? Use MyPermissions to find out and regain control of your privacy!
MyPermissions is a free, powerful way to scan, track and control how applications access your personal information online. Know what apps you’ve connected to on Facebook, Twitter, Google, Instagram and more are accessing what data - and approve, remove or report them.
* Automatically scan your major online accounts to see what apps have access to your personal data
* Filter through your apps based on permission types
* Clear your apps' permissions in one click
* 24/7 Protection - get alerts when apps gain access to your private info, and confirm your authorization or revoke permissions immediately
* Stay worry-free knowing that MyPermissions doesn't retain any of your personal data -- all of your information stays within your accounts!
***** WHAT IS MYPERMISSIONS? *****
- MyPermissions is a watchdog for your cloud accounts. We protect users from unknowingly sharing photos, documents, locations, contacts, emails, or any other sensitive information, and we give them their control back by making it easy for them to approve or revoke what apps access their data, and how.
- We cover several platforms including:
* and more!
MSNBC: "finds and fixes all your privacy settings"
Mashable: "Have 2 Minutes? Check Out Who Has Access to Your Social Media Accounts"
USA Today: "See what programs and services can borrow your keys [...] and think carefully and skeptically to decide if they still deserve that privilege."
Wired: "Finding the permissions pages can be tricky, but the nice folks at My Permissions made a handy dashboard linking to every one"
***** HOW DOES IT WORK? *****
- Simply download our extension or app for your favorite browser or Android/iOS device, and select the accounts you'd like to scan. We'll take care of the rest by scanning your account for external connections and give you a report on what apps or webpages have permissions to do what kind of activities.
- Need to enter your credentials? No worries! We don't use, collect, or store ANY of your personal data (we promise!) -- we'll direct you to the account's home website and you'll enter your information into their server
What's New in Version 1.7.0
We've created our own interface so that you can manage all your service's permissions in one simple screen. Easily trust, remove, or revoke apps with the clicks of a few buttons. Additional updates include minor changes to the service selection process and improved user registration, as well as bug fixes and performance improvements
Quick & Easy
Excellent way to clean up and secure your internet app permissions. Surprising to learn who you are letting mess with your online apps, like Facebook and Dropbox !
Simple n Quick
All your Apps n who has permission to access....trust, revoke or report all with a simple touch.
Peace of Mind
Having been a victim of cyber identity theft, I can breathe easier that someone doesn't sneak into my personal info and charge up some fraudulent purchases.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jan 15, 2014
- Version: 1.7.0
- Size: 3.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Online Permissions Technologies Ltd.
- © Online Permissions Technologies 2014
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.