MyPermissions - Online Privacy Shield
By Online Permissions Technologies
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
As seen on: MSNBC, Wired, Mashable, USA Today, The Next Web, Netted by the Webbys, LifeHacker, The Verge & more...
Do you know how many apps and services have permission to access your private info? What about often those services access your data? Use MyPermissions to find out and regain control of your privacy!
MyPermissions is a free, powerful way to scan, track and control how applications access your personal information online. Know what apps you’ve connected to on Facebook, Twitter, Google, Instagram and more are accessing what data - and approve, remove or report them.
* Automatically scan your major online accounts to see what apps have access to your personal data
* Filter through your apps based on permission types
* Clear your apps' permissions in one click
* 24/7 Protection - get alerts when apps gain access to your private info, and confirm your authorization or revoke permissions immediately
* Stay worry-free knowing that MyPermissions doesn't retain any of your personal data -- all of your information stays within your accounts!
***** WHAT IS MYPERMISSIONS? *****
- MyPermissions is a watchdog for your cloud accounts. We protect users from unknowingly sharing photos, documents, locations, contacts, emails, or any other sensitive information, and we give them their control back by making it easy for them to approve or revoke what apps access their data, and how.
- We cover several platforms including:
* and more!
MSNBC: "finds and fixes all your privacy settings"
Mashable: "Have 2 Minutes? Check Out Who Has Access to Your Social Media Accounts"
USA Today: "See what programs and services can borrow your keys [...] and think carefully and skeptically to decide if they still deserve that privilege."
Wired: "Finding the permissions pages can be tricky, but the nice folks at My Permissions made a handy dashboard linking to every one"
***** HOW DOES IT WORK? *****
- Simply download our extension or app for your favorite browser or Android/iOS device, and select the accounts you'd like to scan. We'll take care of the rest by scanning your account for external connections and give you a report on what apps or webpages have permissions to do what kind of activities.
- Need to enter your credentials? No worries! We don't use, collect, or store ANY of your personal data (we promise!) -- we'll direct you to the account's home website and you'll enter your information into their server
What's New in Version 1.7.0
We've created our own interface so that you can manage all your service's permissions in one simple screen. Easily trust, remove, or revoke apps with the clicks of a few buttons. Additional updates include minor changes to the service selection process and improved user registration, as well as bug fixes and performance improvements
Happy 4 this app
I have an x husband that stalks and hacks and thanks to you he may not be able to get in. I tested the protection and only had 30% protection. They showed me how to change setting and now it's 90%. Very grateful!!
Why should you need to create an account to use this?
A sign-up/login seems wholly unnecessary, and this app never attempts to justify it. But it’s mandatory, from the first screen, nonetheless.
I’ll benevolently grant this 2 stars simply based on all the other glowing reviews, but to me, on further consideration, the incremental value of this over the Settings/Privacy screen seems really minimal.
Simple and practical
Does a simple task very well. Looking forward to the app allowing two of same program (like 2 Facebook accounts). But in the mean time, a fantastic tool.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jan 15, 2014
- Version: 1.7.0
- Size: 3.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Online Permissions Technologies Ltd.
- © Online Permissions Technologies 2014
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.