Persistence is a simple and easy to use goal and habit motivator and tracker. Its smart reminders and views help you set and keep goals and track your habits.
Features At a Quick Glance:
- Quick and easy to make updates to your progress and interact with your goal data in numerous ways
- Keep notes with each progress update and keep and journal progress notes.
- A daily reminder informs you of all goals that need to be worked on for that day.
- Set individual "smart" reminders for a specific time on individual goals.
- Easy to change and delete previous updates and notes.
- See graphs and statistical analysis of your data.
- Export all your data.
- Email individual or daily journal progress.
- Group your goals into categories.
"Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." - Calvin Coolidge
== More Details ==
See Goal Status at a Glance:
● The main view of Persistence is the goal list making it simple to interact with each goal.
● On this list Persistence informs you when you are on and off target, and helps create a desire to complete all your goals for the day and to get ahead for tomorrow.
● Make progress to get rid of the red (off target) and blue (normal daily effort) vertical bars and stay on target.
● Sort the list by title, target, last entered progress date, by hand, or group into categories.
Easy goal progress entry:
● Tap the goal from the main view and record your progress amount, notes, and time. Or make a quick amount update right from the list.
● Make multiple entries per day.
● It's easy to go back and update values or add notes later.
Different Types of Goal Tracking:
● For some goals, you have an end target number (like reading a book) and date by when you want to accomplish the goal.
● For some goals, you just want to do a daily amount (and there is no end date)
● For some goals, you just want to track daily progress, but you have no daily goal amount to reach.
● For all goals, enter your progress during the day and Persistence will show you how far you've come and how much you still need to do to be on target (if the target is applicable).
Journal Your Progress:
● Enter notes each time you make progress to journal your daily activities for review later.
● Review a daily log of all activities, or view a log for an individual goal.
Track All Your Goal Activities:
● You can use Persistence to track many different types of goals and habits. Some examples are:
▪ practicing a musical instrument
▪ learning a foreign language
▪ writing in your journal
▪ doing homework
▪ walking the dog
Edit or Change Progress Entries:
● Made a mistake on an amount, or need to change the date the progress was done? No problem. Persistence gives you a complete historical list of every entry ever made and allows them to be changed and/or deleted.
Statistical Page with Bar Graphs:
● Persistence can break down your stats in numerous ways and shows you a bar chart of daily or weekly progress.
● Set local reminder notifications to be reminded at a certain time that more work needs to be done towards a goal.
● Persistence shows a badge notification number that shows how many goals and habits have remaining work to accomplish.
● Detailed user guide that covers every aspect of the application.
“That which we persist in doing becomes easier to do, not that the nature of the thing has changed but that our power to do has increased.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson
- minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Simple, easy and complete
I tried several habit trackers and was never satisfied. I bought this one after reading the user manual online and realized that it had everything I needed.
I especially needed the ability to add a habit with a daily goal number and increment a counter throughout the day to meet this total (example drink 8 glasses of water). Some other apps only allowed me to complete the daily goal ( so I had to do the counting myself and enter at the of the day ). Other apps had bugs and incremented my daily counter randomly and on its own.
Overall, this app is worth the price. No bugs, easy to use and complete. I love it and use it daily!!!!
Wonderful habit and goal app
I’ve tried a bunch of different apps to track goals and habits. I even spent a couple hundred thousand dollars trying to develop a new platform that helps coaches get results with their clients on establishing habits and achieving goals.
Then I started using persistence and it was simple and elegant. And it worked. Better than anything I had tried or created.
Then I stopped trying to create a new app and I enjoy using this one and it helps me a lot. I now recommend this app to my students and readers.
I should have read through more reviews
This app has a slick interface and looked pretty robust in the screenshots but is lacking the 1 thing I thought for sure it would have - multiple alarms. I wish I could get my $2 back since I won’t be using it. I’m using Stride instead, which is 100% FREE. I would also be nice if there was a stopwatch or time tracker for things like fitness or practice goals and other task where you may either want to stop as soon as your target time is met or record your goal in total number of hours. 😕
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.