By Nestle Purina Petcare co
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Download the all-new Petfinder app for iPhone and search more than 370,000 pets from 14,000 adoption groups! Find your perfect pet and share profiles via Facebook, Twitter, and e-mail! Flag your favorite pets and leave notes for future review, read heartwarming adoption stories, and more.
On the Petfinder app you can:
- Browse adoptable pets in your area or nationwide
- Search pets by breed, age, gender, and size
- Swipe and select pet photos to view in more detail
- View complete pet information and descriptions
- “Favorite” adoptable pets so you can find them again
- Add notes and comments to your favorite pet profiles
- Share pets with your friends via e-mail, Facebook and Twitter
- Get directions, call or e-mail the shelter or rescue that has your perfect pet
- Search for shelters and rescue groups near you and see each group’s adoptable pets
- Learn more about your next pet with our dog and cat breed guides
- Read touching Happy Tail adoption stories
◆ Help make Petfinder great! It's important to us that the Petfinder app work how you need it, when you need it, but we need your help tracking down any bugs. If you experience a problem with the app, please contact App Support at http://www.petfinder.com/mobile-support. This will help us get the information we need to fix any problems ASAP. Thank you!
What's New in Version 1.2.1
Find adoptable pets without all the ads! Petfinder is going ad free, so now all you’ll see is adorable adoptables without ad clutter. We’ve also fixed the issue with shelter search and some other bug fixes as well. We really hope you enjoy the app.
Just plain does not work properly
I was using the older app and it was fine. I downloaded the new one because the old one is no longer going to be supported. I was excited to explore it and see what improvements were made. Apparently the biggest change is all dogs of all ages, breed, sex, age, and size aren't broad enough parameters, and I need to broaden my search. Same thing happens with animals in the cats and others sections too.
UPDATE: I changed my rating to a 3 rather than 1 because I managed to get it working. However, the app continually freezes, flashing an error message. The only way I've been able to get it to reset it to turn my phone completely off. This is better than the 'no results found' that I was getting before, but still frustrating enough that I'd rather use Petfinder in my browser.
PS: I'm on a brand new iPhone 5c with all the latest updates.
Works very poorly. Very disheartened for pets in need of homes. :(
1. WHEN it WAS opening, you could see the pets picture, but when you'd click on pet to open their description the app would crash and completely close.
2. Now when I even try to open the app it immediately says "Error! Cannot open data" or something similar.
Frankly, this is ridiculous and no way to run an organization.
It seems ALL the shelters in our area only use only Petfinder now. I feel bad for the shelters relying on this service, but feel worse for the pets in need of a home.
I've shutdown and restarted my phone. I've removed the app and reloaded it. I have an iPhone 4S. If this is met for a droid don't offer it in the App Store until it supports the platform. I don't think that's the issue though seeing the previous comments here. I've also had this issue on my computer, and I see there that others have too.
Is it really that difficult to run a successful program in this day and age???
Please respond with an action Petfinder.
Great app but needs work
Love the ability to search for a dog near me but the app freezes and crashes constantly. I have a 4S with latest software updates so that shouldn't be the issue. I love the app but it gets frustrating when I select a dog and can't scroll down to read the bio or I can't get back to my search. The app has caused my phone to freeze completely where I have to power off. Also, I don't know if the rescues/shelters update availability often. It seems that I put dogs in my favorites and then check their web site and that dog is no longer listed. But overall really great app just need to work out the bugs.a
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Jul 19, 2013
- Version: 1.2.1
- Size: 20.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Nestle Purina Petcare Company
- © Société des Produits Nestlé S.A.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.