Golfshot: Golf GPS + Scorecard + Tee Times
By Shotzoom Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Gain confidence on over 40,000 courses worldwide and trust in your game with Golfshot. Like a personal caddie on the course, Golfshot gives you accurate GPS yardages to targets and hazards, rich scoring and shot tracking, detailed statistics, entire course flyover previews and club recommendations.
Your golf game is at its best with GolfNow tee times, Handicap Index® tracking, Apple Watch™ support and world-class video instruction from Golfplan.
GUIDING YOU TO YOUR BEST GOLF
- View distances to the green on over 500,000 holes.
- Score for yourself or your foursome with Stroke Play and Stableford. No pencil needed.
- Take the guessing out of your game with insightful and powerful statistics based on your playing history.
- Visualize and plan your round before you play with 3D video previews of your entire course.
- Purchase and easily track your Handicap Index® through Golfshot.
- Track your shot distance, direction and club used.
- Search. Book. Play. Save time and money on thousands of GolfNow tee times booked with Apple Pay®.
- View your game at a glance with Apple Watch™.
- Earn, view and share awards showing your accomplishments and the progress of your game.
- Get and share free Golfplan video tips each week from leading experts Martin Chuck and Sean Foley.
- Share your rounds and send tee time invites to friends to set up a game.
- Track your pace of play and activity on the course with HealthKit and Under Armour.
PLAY WITH A PRO CADDIE IN YOUR POCKET AND ON YOUR WRIST
- Never search for yardage markers with Pro’s real-time distances to all hazards and targets.
- See the course from every angle with dynamic 3D flyover previews of each hole with club recommendations.
- Course strategy and management made easy with personalized club recommendations.
- Challenge your foursome to Skins, Nassau, or Match Play games.
- Get $20 off a GolfNow Hot Deal tee time booked through Golfshot.
- Link your existing GHIN® Number to post scores directly to your Handicap Index®.
– Pro membership means access to premium features, exclusive member benefits, and an ad-free experience.
WORLD-CLASS COACHING AT YOUR FINGERTIPS WITH GOLFPLAN
Powered by Revolution Golf's extensive and dynamic video library with coaching experts like Martin Chuck, Sean Foley and Andrew Rice, Golfplan gives you a front-row seat to the best golf instruction available.
- Elevate your game with access to over 350 personalized videos.
- Focus on nine areas of your game including driving, putting and approach shots.
- View recommended videos based on your skill level and areas of improvement.
- Stay on top of your game with fresh, new videos every month.
- Share game-improving video tips with your fellow golfers
Be sure to visit www.golfshotgps.com for more info and FAQs. If you don’t see your course in Golfshot, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a course update or send us your feedback!
Golfshot Pro and Golfplan require subscriptions that can be purchased in-app and are renewed automatically, unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You can manage your Pro and Golfplan subscriptions through your iTunes account. Golfshot offers both monthly and yearly subscription options. Purchasing a subscription while your free trial is active will activate your membership immediately and cause your trial period to end.
Golfshot GPS requires a GPS-enabled iPhone® or iPad®. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
In-app purchases available:
- Golfshot Pro: $4.99/month or $29.99/year
- Pro Features for Plus Members: $2.99/month or $14.99/year
- Golfplan: $2.99/month or $19.99/year
The USGA® trademarks, logos, service marks and trade names are registered to the USGA® which require written authorization for use.
Created by Shotzoom LLC
What's New in Version 3.0
Golfshot is all new for 2016!
- NEW: Full course flyover preview
- NEW: World-class video instruction with Golfplan
- NEW: Earn awards and share your progress with friends
- All new design is simpler and more efficient
- Faster tee time booking
- Many bugfixes, usability improvements and performance enhancements
The app is no good to me if it drains the battery before the end of the round. Using the powersave mode on the previous version of Golfshot I only used 25-30% of the battery during a 4 hour round on my home course. Now, using the new version 5, I just completed a 3-1/2 hour round and it used over 60% of the battery. Because this is my home course I don't use the app other than keeping score but I know from experience that when I visit a new course and I access the app a lot, the battery would barely make it through the round. With version 5 and what I just experienced, there is no way it will make it through a round. Bummer because I really like the app.
Better interface. Lousy Apple Watch app.
I've owned this app since the days of the Golfshot Classic app.
The good with V5.0:
Better user interface.
Power saver on main screen (finally).
The bad with 5.0:
Yardages seem to be significantly off. Golfed yesterday and Golfshot said 120 to the pin. Friends laser said 80. That's not even close and unreliable.
Main menu has way too many options and requires scrolling down to view them all.
Apple Watch is a disaster. From opening the watch app, which takes forever, to updating yardages, which also takes forever. I've also had issues with yardages never changing on my watch to losing a connection with my iPhone to just plain hanging. Basically useless on the watch. Also, you have to press the "green view" to get the yardages to the hazards. That's just an awful interface.
So, I'm going to start using Hole 19, a free app with Apple Watch support and see how that goes. Or I'm just going to wear my Garmin S2 watch instead...which always works flawlessly.
I love the Golfshot team, but this "update" is a major fail on their part. Hopefully they get everything worked out.
App with Apple Watch
My sole purpose was to use this app with the Apple Watch. It's just so slow to bring up yardages it's essentially unusable. I have a first generation Garmin gps for golf and it is miles better. The yardages on the Garmin come up fast and regularly as you approach your ball. There is no waiting. With Golfshot I am always waiting for the yardage to come up. And, on occasion, it comes up with a yardage that is widely off. It will eventually come up with the correct yardage if you and your playing partners are willing to wait. Get the free version if you are an extremely patient person. Otherwise, go with a dedicated golf gps watch like Garmin.
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Jun 23, 2016
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 95.5 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Shotzoom Software, LLC
- © 2013 - 2016 Shotzoom, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pro Features Subscription$4.99
- Pro Features Subscription$29.99
- Annual Pro Features Subscription$29.99
- Pro Features for Classic Members$9.99
- Pro Features for Classic Members$2.99
- Pro Features for Classic Members$1.99
- Pro Features for Classic Members$14.99
- Tips & Drills Subscription$1.99
- Annual Tips & Drills Subscription$9.99
- Tips & Drills Subscription$9.99