By Carbonite, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Control your Phanfare photo and video website from your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad. Get the beauty and emotional experience of Phanfare slideshows on the go.
This app requires a Phanfare subscription.
• Your own photo and video website at Phanfare
• Unlimited photos and videos
• Upload from the web, or from your iOS device
• No requirement that viewers register
• No advertising on your albums
• Full-screen slideshows with your own music
• Plugins for uploading from Adobe Lightroom and Apple Aperture
• Upload photos in the background while you use Phanfare
• Import photos from your camera roll to Phanfare
• View your photos and videos offline, once they are synced
• Watch musical slideshows of your photos and videos
• Apply effects including B&W, sepia, antique and auto-levels
• Crop your photos and adjust brightness and contrast
• Add captions to your photos
• Create new albums and set album security
• Organize and rearrange your photos and videos
• Delete or hide the photos and albums you don't like
• Share your Phanfare albums via email
• Post links to your Phanfare album on facebook
We also offer world class customer support so if you run into problems, be sure to mail us at email@example.com.
What's New in Version 5.2.4
• Support for iPhone 5 screen size
• Fixed "Require Password" feature for iOS 7
• Removed unreliable in-app camera
• Removed HP printer support
Best of the Bunch
Taking pictures for my four children's sports teams along with other parents over the years and sharing them with family and friends, I have used many different photo sites over the years; None of them compares favorably to Phanfare!
When my son played Varsity Football in high school a group of the parents would collectively take some 2,000 photos per game. Phanfare made the process of uploading and sharing these photos among the familes and coaches extremely convenient for all those involved from techies to computer-phobes.
The ease of uploading, the ability to automatically produce a slideshow (for those who want to see the pictures once), the ability for my friends to download full resolution images without being required to establish their own login and be barraged by Spam are of inestimable value to me and my friends over the years.
Last year my hard drive with all my family and genealogy photos crashed. The only pictures that were saved were the ones I had previously uploaded to Phanfare. My only regret is that I wish I had uploaded all my photos to their site. Lesson learned.
The software works beautifully on my PC, my MacBook Pro, my iPhone and iPad. I simply could not be happier with a product than I am with Phanfare.
Am I the only one that has problems with bugs? I've done everything I can think of but they persist. The worst one is when I open a photo album and the photos I am looking at are NOT the actual photos, so when I click on it or try to delete/move/edit the photo, the photo changes! This makes it very difficult to even know if I am deleting the right photo or not, and it is extremely frustrating. I also had to delete the app again because it took up almost 5 gigabytes of storage space on my phone (and the cache was set at 250mb). I've reinstalled this app dozens of times due to an assortment of weird issues. I'm just surprised no one else has complained of anything similar. I will say, my photo uploads far exceed that of the average user. Still, that doesn't explain the serious problems I have had with this app.
Simplicity, control, features, stability
I'm a longtime Phanfare user in the PC & browser world and I am very happy in the IOS context too. The service is simple but has many options, it's way more controllable than Facebook or a blog. I find the IOS app to be fast and easy for viewing, for edits, and even for posting. Saves a lot of steps to post from my handheld rather than transfer pics to PC! This is a rare app in my view that works as well as the PC version. Lots of other apps I try and go back to their browser iteration. Im a bulk user with thousands of edited and captioned pics plus music in Phanfare and it's all good here too.