Phantasy Star II Classic
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
An era-defining RPG. SEGA’s landmark sci-fi epic comes to mobile. Play for free and experience one of the most acclaimed games of its generation.
Team up with an unlikely ensemble of characters to thwart evil spreading across the once-peaceful Algo Star System. Combat mutants and robots, collect a plethora of equipment, and unravel the mystery behind one of the greatest RPGs of all time.
Phantasy Star II joins the SEGA Forever classic games collection, a treasure trove of free SEGA console classics brought to life on mobile for the first time!
- An epic campaign lasting over 30 hours
- Classic 16-bit turn-based combat
- Battle against the mutants, robots, and other fierce creatures of Mota, Dezo, and Palm
- All manner of weapons to get to grips with, including laser swords, pulse cannons, and fire staves
- Eight playable characters, each with their own unique traits and skills
SEGA FOREVER FEATURES
- PLAY FREE
- SAVE YOUR GAME PROGRESS AT ANYTIME
- CONTROLLER SUPPORT: MFi compatible controllers
- OFFLINE PLAY
- GAMES RELEASED EVERY MONTH - download them all!
- INCLUDES iOS 10 STICKER PACKS
- "An excellent game that will have you hooked from the first minute to the last - which will be weeks, if not months away." [94%] - SEGA Power #15 (February 1991)
- "A challenging quest packed with gameplay." [90%] - Paul Rigby, Raze Magazine #6 (April 1991)
- "If RPGs are your bag, you couldn't do better." [89%] - Zero #17 (March 1991)
- "There are few Mega Drive titles that can compete with Phantasy Star II in the lasting appeal department." [887/1000] - Eugene Lacey, ACE #37 (October 1990)
- "This is the game that set the standard that all further Mega Drive RPGs had to follow." [88%] - MEGA Gold Summer Special (1993)
- "It's big, it's lovely; it's varied, it's magic. It's Phantasy Star II." [88%] - MEGA #18 (March 1994)
- A remake of the game was made for the PlayStation 2 in Japan, titled Phantasy Star Generation: 2
- Eight Phantasy Star II text adventures were broadcasted to players with a SEGA Meganet subscription in Japan
- The game shipped with a 110-page guide book and map in the US and UK to help guide players through
CLASSIC GAME FACTS
- Originally released in Japan in 1989, with US and European releases following in 1990 and 1991
- The first game to use a 16 Megabit cartridge
- The first 16-bit RPG released in the West
- Programmed by Yuji Naka, creator of Sonic the Hedgehog
- - - - -
Game apps are ad-supported and no in-app purchases are required to progress; ad-free play option available with in-app purchase.
This game may include "Interest Based Ads" (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#3IBADiscolure for more information) and may collect "Precise Location Data" (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#5LocationDataDisclosure for more information).
© SEGA. All rights reserved. SEGA, the SEGA logo, Phantasy Star II, SEGA Forever, and the SEGA Forever logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates.
What's New in Version 3.1.2
Bug fixes and refinements
(Edit)Wonderful Old School RPG but Horrible App
I should start by saying that I love Phantasy Star 2. It's a classic. But I'm not a fan of this app. The app does NOT save my game properly. I've had to repeat areas over about three times. I've tried multiple saves and off/online to no avail. This is a grind heavy game so it's imperative that I can save my progress. The only other minor complaints I have is the music-it's tinny (and it ain't me, I have an iPhone 7+). The direction pad is a bit wonky. Those I can live with but the lack of saving abilities is too much. Please drop a fix and I'll give this 5 stars.
Developers fixed. Excellent port. Don’t know what the other reviewers are talking about.
Deceptive purchase offer, use free version
I paid to have the ads removed, and iirc the in-game save feature (presumably using the Data Memory places) was also supposed to be enabled. However I still get a pop-up as EVERY time I open the game, and the in-game save feature doesn’t work. You have to save with the cloud. So what did I pay for? Everything advertised turned out to be false. The app is a good port minus some audio issues, but I can’t recommend paying for it at the time of writing this review. Hopefully the developer will fix these issues with an update.
This is one of my favorite games. However this version has bugs that makes it unplayable. If the game freezes, you’re stuck and have to start over. I paid for the add free version, and suspended that if I remove the game and reload the game it may unfreeze. It did not work, and my add free game was removed, so I would have to pay again. Not going to buy it again. Don’t waste your time, or money.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Oct 09, 2017
- Version: 3.1.2
- Size: 178 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Sega America
- © SEGA, the SEGA logo and PHANTASY STAR II are either registered trade marks or trade marks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove non-SEGA Adverts$1.99