Every person metabolizes drugs differently. How your body processes an active ingredient depends on factors such as smoking, excessive body weight or diet, as well as on DNA variants. “pharma.sensor” shows the genes in DNA that are important for the safe efficacy of a drug.
You can search for drugs by entering the drug’s or active ingredient’s name or its PZN number (Pharmazentralnummer; pharmaceutical registration number). In addition, you can scan the barcode from the drug’s packaging to search for it. The app will then access a database listing all drugs approved for use in Germany.
The connection between active ingredients and DNA variants is based on official recommendations from the following expert groups:
- FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration)
- CPIC (Clinical Pharmacogenetics Implementation Consortium)
- DPWG (Royal Dutch Association for the Advancement of Pharmacy - Pharmacogenetics Working Group)
- CPNDS (Canadian Pharmacogenomics Network for Drug Safety)
Data last updated in May 2018.
In addition, the app provides basic knowledge about genes, DNA variants, proteins, and the efficacy of drugs as well as further information about genes that influence the efficacy of drugs. Illustrations depict this complex content in a way that is instructive, yet easy to understand.
Based on the search results, the app user can take the initiative straight via the app to request information about how to test the drug compatibility and efficacy.
- bio.logis Genetic Information Management GmbH
- 65.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, German
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © bio.logis Genetic Information Management GmbH
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.