Phil Mickelson, Secrets of the Short Game
By The Zumobi Network
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Golf commentators have run out of words to describe Phil's short game brilliance, but the question remains: "How does he do it?" Now, he tells us on your iPhone or iPod touch.
Over half of all golf shots are made within 50 yards of the green. Phil takes you through his basics in chipping and putting that will not just get you by, but teach you how to develop a world class short game with just a few taps of your finger.
• 5 full feature sections with embedded, high quality video instruction from Phil Mickelson.
• Featured video within the applications are: The General Principals of Putting, The Stroke, Phil's Basic Chip Shot, Chipping: Hinge & Hold Method and Faults & Cures.
• Along with video lessons, Phil provides flash cards for each lesson for quick reference while at the practice green.
• Application does not require a network connection, so videos and flash cards can be seen on and off the course.
• Looking for the DVD? The application links directly to philsdvd.com for even more short game secrets from Phil.
Due to the high quality embedded video content, this application requires that your iPhone or iPod touch is connected to a Wi-Fi network to download.
What's New in Version 1.1.1
This version fixes crashes for devices running iOS 4.2.
This is a very good video. It succintly hits the main points needed for certain short game shots and gives great insight into putting. Do remember that Phil practices a lot more than occasional golfers, so don't discount some of the simpler methods taught by many other great teachers. Also remember that tour pros tend to teach what works for them and golf isn't a one size fits all game.
This being said, any time you can get a short game lesson from Phil Mickelson, you should listen carefully, especially when he discusses flop shots and sand shots.....there's not many people that can match his skills in these categories.
I love this app just as much as I love Phil himself. It is filled with about 20 helpful videos (most are paid separately) but they are most definitely worth it. The only problem I currently have is that I am buying some of the extra videos but they are not downloading. I do not want to pay any extra money since the app is already pretty expensive, so if it were updated to fix that then that would be great. Nonetheless in the long run it is definitely not a disappointment.
Great. Refresh on the course
Great app that I use before rounds, or during rounds for putting. My downloads worked great, and I imagine the two reviewers below had their phone on vibrate. Like many videos, the audio doesn't come through on vibrate because you are telling the phone not to let it do so.
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Jan 28, 2011
- Version: 1.1.1
- Size: 120 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Zumobi Inc.
- © 2009 Zumobi Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.