By Philips Lighting BV
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Your personal wireless lighting that lets you easily control your lights from any device and create the right ambience for every moment. The Philips Hue app is designed around you, your home and your everyday life. Play around, create and explore the limitless possibilities of the world's most connected light.
What's New in Version 2.17.0
- Sunrise and Sunset routine trigger: You asked, we listened. Now you can trigger your routines automatically at sunrise and sunset based on your home location. No longer needed to keep adapting the time of your routines to match the season.
- Important: If you notice that the Sunset or Sunrise routines either start too soon or too late, you can fine-tune the start time offset going to "Settings">"Advanced">"Sunrise & Sunset offset" and select your offset.
- Updated privacy notice.
- Various bug fixes and stability improvements.
New features are flawed
I wish Philips spent 3 minutes with third party apps so that they can see what kind of features people use. For example, they just released a sunset/sunrise routine — great! But they don’t really seem to understand the point of it. They only allow you to start a fade in after sunset,
for example. Most people turn on their lights slightly earlier than that. So every third party apps allows fade in before sunset. Why does Philips insist we can only do it after sunset? It really makes no sense. So this is just an example for why this app continues to fall short of pretty much every basic feature because of arbitrary restrictions on rules and conditions.
App leave much to be desired. :(
Bought the HUE lights about a week ago after months of debating how to justify the need for them in my life. I’m a geek, I need them!!! ‘Nuff said.
Phillips HUEs are the best out there - hands down. Easy setup and beautiful addition to home decor. The app, well, not so much. With all the hoopla about how you can sync the lights to movies and music you immediately discover this is accomplished buying a paid app. Phillips should have these features integrated into the app.
It’s great you have basic features and can create your own themes but Phillips should really put some effort into delivering better features to a great product with a bland app controlling it.
Longing for first gen customization
The first gen app was world changing and hooked me on the whole Hue ecosystem. The UI was simple and comprehensive, making it easy to control lights individually or as groups, save the resulting look as a scene, and then program that scene into widgets and devices. Ever since the second gen app, there has not been an adequate replacement. Hue has sacrificed customizability for added simplicity, and we have to be satisfied with generic, one size (doesn’t) fit all light looks. Or use a third party app, but those can’t integrate with accessories like Taps, widgets, or The Apple Home system. Very disappointing, especially since we had many of these controls from the very beginning.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Nov 21, 2017
- Version: 2.17.0
- Size: 103 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Philips Lighting B.V.
- ©2017 Philips Lighting Holding B.V. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.