Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Meet the Hue app. The amazing way to control every Philips Hue product in your home. All from the palm of your hand or from your wrist with the Apple Watch.
With Hue, you’ll see light in a whole new way. It lets you set the ideal lighting for every occasion. It’s clever, intuitive and connected. It‘s a whole new experience.
We call it PERSONAL WIRELESS LIGHTING.
Hue lets you express who you are, through the way you light your home.
Hue can be wherever you want and you can access it whenever you want. Any room. Any space. All wirelessly, through your smart device or Apple Watch.
At its heart, Hue is a lighting solution for the home. It’s functional and practical. But it can also be emotive and inspiring. It’ll change the way you think about home lighting. Forever.
Philips Hue starter pack (bulbs + Bridge or Bloom + Bridge or Iris + Bridge or LightStrips + Bridge). Single Hue lighting products and Hue accessories can then be added, up to a maximum of 50 products per bridge.
What's New in Version 1.10.1
- We apologise for the crash that some of you had after installing our latest update. This version fixes that issue.
- We fixed an issue with the widget.
- We now offer Siri voice control for Apple HomeKit enabled bridges. To enable Siri voice control for your Philips Hue lights go to the Siri voice control option in the Settings menu.
- Added support for transferring your settings to the Apple HomeKit enabled bridge. Simply plug in your new bridge in addition to your current one and you will be guided through the transfer.
- Added support for the new Philips Hue lightstrip plus.
- Bug fixes and stability improvements.
Philips hue and Siri match made in heaven!
Their a lot of reviews that simply don't understand how home kit works. First Philips Hue had no choice, but to make a new bridge because apple REQUIRES a proprietary chip. All HomeKit devices are that way. Next to control your lights away from home you need an APPLE TV!!! Also a requirement from Apple. The voice controls are intuit and work if set up correctly. Once the scenes and lights are set up you need to go to settings to set up Siri and make sure those scenes and light are synced. I haven't seen a single issue with the app. This is also my third and favorite home kit device!
Needs a rewrite
The app, up until this update, worked as advertised and I put up with it even though it only had the most basic functionality.
The new HomeKit update has broken geofencing, alarms, and the Notification Center widget — the last of which is easily the most common way people interact with their Hue lights on iOS.
I'll be purchasing the HomeKit bridge when it comes out and maybe that'll fix this, and I'm sure (hopeful?) they'll put out a bug fix release soon, but this update shouldn't have shipped out when it broke such a critical feature.
Update: The widget issue was fixed within a couple of days, impressively. I've given it 3 stars from 2 now.
Widget issues still exist with the update that was supposed to fix that. The widget controls are much faster, but there is still the issue of if you have all widgets unchecked, it still shows 7/10 used and doesn't let you add more then 3. It shows blank white boxes for previous widget favorites, but you can't remove them and redo you widget list. They're stuck.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Oct 09, 2015
- Version: 1.10.1
- Size: 57.2 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Philips Consumer Lifestyle, B.V.
- ©Koninklijke Philips N.V., 2004 - 2015. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.