Staying on top of award-winning Philadelphia news is now faster and easier than ever in the Philly.com app on both the iPhone and iPad. The official iOS news app for content from Philly.com, The Philadelphia Inquirer and Philadelphia Daily News.
WITH PHILLY.COM APP YOU CAN:
• DISCOVER the latest breaking news and important updates with our intuitive news feed and uncluttered reading experience.
• EXPLORE the news topics you care about from sports teams like the Eagles and Phillies to local news with our seamless section navigation.
• REMEMBER the stories that matter to you with quick action buttons for bookmarking and sharing.
• Alerts and Notifications - be the first to know with verified breaking news. Easily access breaking news articles with one click on a notification.
• Multitasking Support - conveniently use another app with Philly.com App at the same time on compatible iOS devices.
• Text Size Customization - read more comfortably with the ability to increase/decrease article font sizes.
• Frequent Updates - stay connected with 24/7 coverage and other important news throughout the day.
• 3D Touch Support - get a sneak peak of the latest headlines by pressing and holding our app icon.
• Today Widget - quickly access the latest headlines from your Apple widget menu.
PHILLY.COM FOR IMESSAGE:
• Now you can share articles recently read or bookmarked without ever leaving Apple's Messages App.
• Enable the iMessage extension inside the Messages App Store and start sending articles as easily as text messaging.
APPLE WATCH - KEY FEATURES:
• Get the latest news instantly on your watch screen with the ability to bookmark and read later from your iPhone or iPad.
• Stay ahead with alerts and notifications conveniently on your watch screen.
Be a part of the future for Philadelphia news with the Philly.com app.
Have feedback? Reach out to our support team under Settings > Submit Feedback.
We're excited to introduce our new Explore Tab with more sections, access to your most read sections and featured sections:
• More Sections - now you can access even more of your favorite content via additional sections and sub-sections.
• Your Most Read Sections - easily access sections you frequently read right from the Explore Tab.
• Featured Sections - view our most relevant sections hand selected by our newsroom.
In addition, we've implemented several other bug fixes and performance improvements to make the Philly.com app even better.
We would love to hear your feedback as we continue to develop enhancements and fix bugs. Reach out to our support team under Settings > Submit Feedback.
Ratings and Reviews
Proud of our local paper
I’m so proud of the strides the Inquirer has made over the last year. Continuing their great reporting on important local issues is obviously essential but finally having a more streamlined app to read the news on the go is almost better. Keep up the good work!
Like the articles
I love the articles for the most part. It’s great to me to read and feel connected. Sometimes there’s a liberal spin especially with regards to the pro-life movement versus the pro-abortive debate. But otherwise it’s good to read especially the sports: pro teams, nova, high school,etc
My Daily News
The iPad and smart phone app has allowed for the convenience of accessing the local news at a fingers touch. I can always count on it to be there.
- Philadelphia Media Network (Digital), LLC
- 67.2 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Philadelphia Media Network (Digital), LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.