Phlo - Quick search box
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
*** Type once, search everywhere. ***
Open Phlo for Mac with a keyboard shortcut, type your search, and find what you’re looking for on any search engine. If you can’t find it on Google, maybe you’ll find it on Amazon or eBay. You can jump straight to results from any search site, so it’s the fastest way to find your answer. Phlo comes preloaded with over 30 popular sites, and you can easily add more. It’s your one search box that searches everywhere.
• Jump to results on any site without retyping your search term
• Saved history of your searches—put an end to endless re-typing
• Instant search suggestions from your history, Google, and Bing as you type
• Configurable global keyboard shortcut to launch Phlo from anywhere
• Search multiple sites at once using Shift + Return or Shift + click
• Automatically bubbles up your most used search engines and sites
• Keyboard shortcuts to help you search faster
Gorgeous graphics that support Apple’s Retina Display
*** Search everywhere from every device with Phlo Sync ***
Access all your search history and saved sites across your Mac and iOS devices using Phlo Sync. Phlo Sync is available as a yearly in-app purchase. Plus, with our free Phlo Assistant extension, you can easily add your favorite search sites to Phlo using your favorite browser.
*** Praise for Phlo ***
• Like Kayak for web search
- Fast Company
• Phlo for Mac is a quick and useful search utility
• Phlo coming to the Mac to save time and expand the horizons of our searches
• Phlo could be just the thing to speed up your search workflow.
• Phlo is a great way to do a quick search when needed.
What's New in Version 3.0.1
Phlo for Mac users who search a lot should see *much* faster performance. We updated our app so big saved search libraries don’t slow things down anymore, and you can read more here on the blog!
What's New in 3.0
All new Phlo is now free with support for Mavericks, intuitive interface and more!
- Designed and optimized for OSX Mavericks
- Fixed filtering of search sites in Mavericks
- Fixed bug with Phlo not appearing on the secondary screen in a dual screen scenario
Phlo is now free. The Phlo Sync service is available as an in-app annual premium subscription service.
As a token of appreciation for buying and supporting Phlo, all users who have purchased the app before v3 will have their Phlo Sync service automatically upgraded to an exclusive Lifetime Phlo Sync for free; you can continue using the app as you had purchased it.
*** Note for upgrading users: In case you have not signed up for the Phlo Sync service before updating to v3 or the upgrade to Lifetime Phlo Sync is not automatically applied for you, please contact Cynapse support at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll help you out ASAP.
Really Like This App!
For some reason Google's Quick Search Box has stopped working in Mavericks, and I use it frequently. This app works the same way but has some added features that I like. You can use any one of the 34 search engines available in the drop down menu. Also, there is an ability to set a hot key for launch which I like. This is my goto search program now. Cudos to Synapse for a great job, and thanks for making it free!