By Virtually Free Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Scared of spiders? Phobia Free has been developed by two UK leading consultant psychiatrists to help you the same way a real therapy would if you visited the doctor. We use exposure therapy to help you engage and remain relaxed when dealing with spiders.
- Approved by the NHS
- Reviewed by University of Roehampton
- Reviewed by diverse mental health organisations such as Anxiety UK and Time to Change
- Featured on the BBC, Channel 4 and other major media outlets
In the app Dr Freeman, our virtual doctor, guides you through therapeutic mini-games. Starting off with Itsy, a super cute pink spider that looks like a Disney character, you’ll gradually face more and more realistic spiders. You will help them escape from humans or help them catch their lunch. In the last stage you will be able to interact with an augmented reality tarantula that looks and moves like the real thing.
Benefits of this app:
- On the go: real exposure therapy in your hands
- Easy: do it in your own time and at your own pace
- Efficient: improve your wellbeing and get over your arachnophobia
- Stress Free app featured for free
- Get reminders of your sessions
- Share your progress with friends in Facebook and Twitter
About Virtually Free
- Our aim is to improve the world’s mental health in a affordable and efficient way
- Part of the Telefonica O2’s accelerator program Wayra
- Winners of CUTEC from Cambridge University
- +20.000 people using our apps
What's New in Version 1.1.6
Fixes iOS 7.1 issues on certain devices
The "game" where you tap itsy's feet just never actually happens. Also, it's weird how there's no music or sound effects. All around, a total waste of $4. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS GARBAGE. IT DOESNT EVEN WORK PROPERLY, LET ALONE HELP YOU OVERCOME ARACHNOPHOBIA.
- Category: Medical
- Updated: Apr 14, 2014
- Version: 1.1.6
- Size: 484 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Virtually Free Ltd
- © 2014 Virtually Free Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.