Phoenix HD is the best looking shoot'em up that everyone can enjoy! Enjoy the marvelous action and rise to the challenge at your own pace in this action packed game. Phoenix HD is a modern arcade game with intense action and brilliant graphics, where every playthrough is different. Some of our unique features include:
* Amazing Visuals – Silky smooth graphics with spectacular explosions powered by Metal!
* Procedurally Generated Content – Every game is unique.
* Unique ships with their own gameplay – Lots of spectacular weapons and power-ups.
* Location-based Leaderboards – Become the best in your home town and move on to the entire world.
Fixes bugs introduced by our Flare engine upgrade in the last update:
* Bullets are cancelled again when you destroy the enemy that fired them. This restores the intended behavior.
* Fixes issue where a Striker targeting laser could stay around and start aiming at seemingly random positions.
* Fixes the problem where all Gamma Strike missiles would target the same turret on the left side.
* Fixes Trinity teleport malfunction after starting the game with a Phoenix Wake.
* Fixes a bug that caused the Striker to stop locking on to new targets (this was actually fixed in the previous update, but was not mentioned).
Thanks to Bozack Jerome and everyone else who notified us of these problems. Do not forget to review or rate Phoenix HD if you enjoy playing. We greatly appreciate your support.
Ratings and Reviews
Good but frustrating
I enjoy a good space shooter and one that powers up with the fire upgrades. The graphics are great, the controls spot on, the sound nice, and the variety okay (some of the ship choices rate from great to ridiculous). I like that you can try out all the ships but dislike that they're only for purchase instead of a way to earn them over time as a part of your progress. I mean, why have me ranked by city, state, nation, continent, et al but it earns me nothing? And lastly, the one thing I've always hated about some space shooters, is that it's "challenging", or part of the difficulty, to barrage you with bullets that you have no way of navigating through at all. No matter your skill, and even with the upgrades you purchase with coins, you will get hit as it's only by luck and the draw of the AI that you get as far as you do. Yet, I'm still playing, which will eventually wear off and I'll uninstall the game, as I have others with similar game mechanics/gameplay. Come on game developers, stop with that overwhelming barrage of bullets being fired at you that you have no path to get through.
Hmm 🤔☹️not a great experience
I deleted the game in the first 10 minutes of downloading it. It is a beautiful game that brings me back to the Darius Twin and R-Type days of my wonder years. Everything in this games world/universe is designed to rid you of the chance to succeed. No matter how you maneuver the ship with its mega blasters constantly firing even when your finger if off the screen. The pesky bullets from the vessel you just obliterated sit there waiting for you to run into them plus your ship takes up so much space that you can't really maneuver between the enemies shots that are coming to you. I don't want to have to spend a wad of cash to relive those button bashing days.
Played the Sequel first.
Having enjoyed Phoenix 2 so much, I figured I probably be bored by this one. I could only imagine that Phoenix HD was going to be a step backwards in innovation. I was pleasantly surprised to find that, though they share many similarities, they do feel a lot like separate games. I’m very happy I gave this one a chance. It’s very fun, and very challenging. Almost as addicting as the sequel.
Can’t wait for Phoenix 3... 😉
- Firi Games
- 92.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2011-2016 Firi Games
- In-App Purchases
- Corsair $0.99
- Mirage $0.99
- Shogun $0.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.