Pholium - Create Multimedia Photo Books
By 58 North, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Pholium: The iPad and print, multimedia and photo book
Featured in the App Store around the world - Apple App Store
App of the Day - Gizmodo
"The iPad's journey to becoming more of a content-producing and creative tool took another step forward recently..." - TUAW
* Access images from your favorite online sources, sort and filter them all in one place
* Easily (and optionally, automatically) create customized iPad multimedia digital and printed books, both with photos, audio and video
* Give the ebooks to others wirelessly using the Pholium cloud and Dropbox
* Keep your Pholium ebooks and those given to you in your own library
* Non-app recipients can view Pholium ebooks in their web browser via email link and share them via popular social networking sites
* Order high photographic quality printed hardbound photo and multimedia-capable books
Unlike any others, all of your photo and multimedia book creating, viewing, and giving occur within Pholium - without a computer!
Utilizing the iPad's performance, high image quality capabilities, and inherent tactile experience, Pholium is designed to combine a rich user experience while retaining the highest image quality. With Pholium, you can publish and send your ebooks to others and ensure the same high image quality and user experience is available to all, and now the same experience is available to all in high quality print books.
Why Pholium is different
* Pholium is designed to ensure high image quality in combination with a rich user experience, ease of use, and portability. Pholium was developed with its own ebook building and reading experiences that are unavailable in many existing book-like file-types.
* Pholium enables you to accomplish everything from digital and print book creation, image editing and management, ebook viewing, and digital and printed book distribution, all on your iPad and all within Pholium.
* Pholium's publishing model allows you to create as many ebooks for yourself as you want for FREE, and if you want to send those books to others, Pholium makes this a seamless, wireless process with a Wi-Fi connection. Each ebook you create may be sent to up to UNLIMITED recipients for FREE.
* Pholium books can include audio captions and videos and the multimedia experience is available in printed books using QR code technology
* All images (except unprocessed RAW) on the user's iPad in their Photo app, on Facebook, on Instagram, on Google+, on Flickr and on Dropbox are available
* No image resizing required, Pholium optimizes photos for the best user experience and image quality
* Add and remove photos, text and audio captions, and pages on the fly
* Images may be freely rotated 360 degrees
* Images may be layered on top of one another
* Books can also include audio captions and video
* Realistic book cover, page look, feel, and control
* Front and back book covers with an image on each
* Book cover colors are customizable
* In book editing and reading modes, realistic page turning, full screen, and up to 2X image viewing are possible
* Optional magical layout wizard to speed book layout
* Optional overlay guide for print layout
* Multiple book styles available without being confined to predefined templates
* Slideshow available for all images in book
* Printed books up to 80 pages and 158 photos, audio captions, and video links
* Images can be edited in-place for fine tuning with; Brightness/Contrast, Exposure, along with creative controls (Black & White, Sepia, and Vibrance)
* All original and shared completed or "published" books are kept in Pholium
* Wireless cloud uploading and downloading via WiFi for sending and receiving
* Forward books created by others to recipients of your choice
* Link to web-based viewer with social sharing features for non-app users
What's New in Version 3.0.3
* Bug fix related to cropping large images