By Sustainable Softworks
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Phone Amego is designed to help you use your Mac to be more efficient and in control of your telephone communications.
*** This version will not run on Mavericks due to Bluetooth API changes ***
* On screen caller ID with optional voice announcement
(including Address Book search and reverse lookup)
* Dial calls from your Address Book, Daylite, or selected text
* Keep notes on each caller in a shared database
* Flexible call logging and accounting
* Supports popular Bluetooth phones including iPhone
* Supports landline phones via USB modem
* VoIP caller ID with Linksys or OBiHAI telephone adaptors
* Works with popular IP phones including Polycom, Yealink, Aastra, and Snom
* Softphones including Skype, Bria, and X-Lite
* Supports Whozz Calling multi-line call monitoring hardware
* Caller ID sharing and remote dialing with other hosts on your LAN
Be more productive:
* Save time dialing when the number you want to call is already on your computer.
* Identify who is calling before you reach for your phone.
* Block or Ignore unwanted calls.
* Organize call records and pull up related information with a few clicks.
You have phones, maybe several. AND You have software on your Mac for organizing your contacts, calendar, email, notes, and other information about the people you interact with. Before Phone Amego, these islands didn't talk to each other. Now they can.
Note: Phone Amego depends on Bluetooth which is not 100% reliable in every environment. If you have a question or encounter a problem, please contact the developer for assistance before posting a review. Phone Amego is a menu bar item so the only visual indication the application is running will be a telephone icon along the top right hand side of the menu bar.
What's New in Version 1.4
Streamline taking notes using Contact Cards.
Add support for international reverse lookup.
Add support for Popular IP phones.
Add support for softphones.
Improved Daylite integration.
Other fixes and enhancements.
Awesome Software, But Needs Noise Cancellation
The software works well and I'm using my laptop as my microphone & speaker, but it needs noise cancellation software really bad. The people that I'm talking to complain a lot about hearing their own voices and echos. It kind of almosts makes the software unuseable for me cause of it. Please add noise cancellation.
Call Management At It's Finest!
Phone Amego is an amazing piece of software engineering and, to the best of my research, the only one of it's kind that seemlessly connects your phone (via bluetooth) to your Mac. I looked at a lot of similar apps, primary among them being Dialectic, but this is the only one that allows you to use your Mac to conduct and communicate via your phone. For example, I'm on my phone a lot and many times with several others in the room. My iPhone's speaker phone is good, but I want to use my more professional grade USB Speakerphone for the best quality. Phone Amego allows me to do this flawlessly!
The features I love include:
1. Phone Amego flawlessly captures in/out bound calls as well as SMS.
2. There is a complete phone log to record every call, and you can add specific notes (it even has cool note templates that you simply fill in).
3. I can use my Mac's USB for my speakerphone for best call quality. (Jabra's SPEAK 510 is awesome!)
4. I can (optionally) have every call and / or SMS logged to my iCal. This is super powerful! Shows if the call was in or out bound, name, phone number, last call log notes, time of the call, duration, etc.
5. Allows me to use my Google Voice.
6. Has a beautiful Caller ID Heads up Display so you can see who's calling. It will even speak the caller's name if you're away from your Mac!
7. Uses my Contacts to know who's calling or being called. AND, it will also do lookups on whitepages, Number Guru, Yahoo People Finder, etc, etc, if it's not on your Contacts.
8. Has an easy to use "Favorites" for pre-defined numbers, and "Recent" that has a nice history of recently called.
9. Allows you to make and receive calls from your Mac. So, leave your phone in your pocket!
10. The developer is extremely responsive to new feature requests or just to answer a question. I've also found that their website is nicely layed out and very helpful.
I've been using this software for about 2 months and I love it. It works great and flawlessly provides an excellent call management system. From the comments, some folks seem to be having a problem getting it to work. If you do, reach out to the Sustainable Team and they will solve your problem quickly. No, I'm not in any way affiliated with Sustainable. Just a very happy customer.
Congrats Sustainable Team!!
Does Not Work
This application used to work. well, at least it did for about a week. Now, though, I try to start it and nothing happens. Honestly, I’d spend your money on a bluetooth speaker if you really need a speakerphone. You’ll be much happier doing that rather than wasting your money on this application.