By Clever Panda LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
PhoneTap lets you record your outgoing phone calls, giving you a record of who you talked to and what was said.
* Records outgoing phone calls made within the application
* Share recordings via e-mail instantly
* Includes 20 minutes of recording time; additional airtime available for in-app purchase
* Sleek, modern design
* Integrates seamlessly with iPhone address book
* No bulky hardware or equipment needed
PhoneTap plays both parties a notice that the call is recorded at the start of each call.
PhoneTap requires a valid U.S. phone number and does not record international calls.
Having trouble? Shoot us an e-mail at email@example.com and we'll be happy to help!
What's New in Version 1.3
* Fix for the "bad URL" error message
* Fixing a crash that can occur when dialing numbers from your address book
* Fixed a crash that can occur when declining a call while playing a recording
* Improved error messages
* Added feedback dialog
* Fixed misc crashes
* Fixed a bug that prevented pausing recording playback in some circumstances
* Fixed a bug that showed more than one recording as playing in certain circumstances
* Fixed UI bugs that can occur if the phone was held in landscape mode
It works just like it says
It looks like this app was pulled from the store and reworked after the initial poor feedback it received. This app works just like it says and takes seconds to setup and make the first call. It does not ask you for any personal info as some of the other phone apps do, it just asks for you phone number and that's it. When you make the call it informs you and the other person that the call is being recorded - because BY LAW it has to! You can not legally record a phone convo without the other persons knowledge, so there is no getting around this. The recording is easy to playback and you can email it as well. For 99 cents, it's worth it.
Does not meet my needs - quite limited and costly to use
Someone once said "God is in the details". Not intending to get spiritual here, but the same goes for software. This app does a good job at the basic proposition of recording a call but fails to do so in a manner that makes it useful to me.
1. Can't decide a call would be useful to record when it is underway.
2. Can't pause and resume replay in the app - for transcribing, for example. One must e-mail a link to an external service - and pay for the service after a total of 20 mins.
3. Can't delete recording
4. Can't edit audio - to include in an interview, for example.
5. Despite the UI indicating otherwise, you can't scrub back at all - even using the 30 sec roll back button.
I'm asking for refund.
It does, just what it says it does and you get 17min free! I love it because it forces companies to be honest.